Gunner Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched all over locally and on the internet for bullets to reload for my .30-30 Winchester 94 Lever Action. Every place I have come across says out of stock or back ordered. I am almost to the point of trying to buy molds and casting my own. Not sure how pure lead cast bullets would do in my rifle though. I have about 10 coffee cans of empty .30-30 brass that I need to load...

Anyone have a source. Any help will be appreciated.

Unfortunately my wife will not let me buy anymore guns but I did talk her into letting me buy reloading supplies for the guns I do have. I have about 500 pounds of lead to cast bullets for my .44-40 and .45 Long Colt just need the powder and primers... Gotta do some major casting for them.. I have about 5 coffee cans of brass for each of them....

·
Banned
5 Posts
Your quest.ion is tough to answer in a few words. I'd suggest looking at a Lyman manual to get some idea of what you need to do rifle bullets. I'd also take a look a Lee gear for casting and other information. The supply of bullets looks like it's picking up. If you hold tight could you wait until some more bullets are in the market place? Casting is a good idea anyway.

·
Super Moderator
10,832 Posts
Unfortunately my wife will not let me buy anymore guns but I did talk her into letting me buy reloading supplies for the guns I do have. I have about 500 pounds of lead to cast bullets for my .44-40 and .45 Long Colt just need the powder and primers... Gotta do some major casting for them.. I have about 5 coffee cans of brass for each of them....
According to my math 500# of lead will cast 14,000 bullets in 250 gr (500lb x 7,000 gr/lb/250 gr). That will keep you shooting for awhile.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts