Gunner Forum banner

New BP acquition

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  tx gun runner 
#1 ·
Went the a Gun Show in Mesa, AZ yesterday. Along with 10,000 primers I picked up an 1851 Navy BP revolver complete with brass grip frame and Naval battle scene engraved on the cylinder. I only know it was made in Italy, don't know the actual maker. Was talking to one of the vendors for quite a while and asked to take a look at his BP revolver in the case. He handed it to me and said he would MAKE ME A DEAL if I wanted it. Asked him HOW GOOD OF A DEAL? and when he answered a hunnert bucks I said that was the correct answer. Since it was one of his personal guns there was no paperwork and no tax. Don't know if I will shoot it or not since I don't have anything BP except the gun.

With Linder knife for BH

See less See more
Discussion starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Yea, I'm sure it won't take long before I loose control and run down to Cabelas for a load of BP goodies. These guns are really neat looking and I have looked at them longingly for a couple of years.

Discussion starter · #7 ·
tn gun runner said:
You can get one these for $15 makes loading a breeze . Look under loading lever for name .

Heck TN Gun Runner, I haven't been able to firgure out out to get the cylinder out yet. From the generic 1851 "manual" I tracked down on line it looks like the barrel had to come off to get the cylinder off the cylinder pin.

All it says under the lever is ASM BLACK POWDER ONLY CAL .44 MADE IN ITALY

Discussion starter · #9 ·
Okay I took the cross-wedge out earlier but didn't have the guts to do anything else. Will give it a shot a little later. Do you know of a source for extra cylinders?

YoutTube comes thru again.
Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.