Gunner Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is Her ! She decided She was going to build Her nest in the Wife's Spring Flower Wreath, on the front door !! When I finally managed to discourage Her, She just moved over to the bush, beside the porch ! Make no mistake about it, that's her evergreen bush ! I just love birds, & Robins are one of My favorites !

Then day before yesterday, I found these while She was gone for a bit.

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
That's cool!

You must have an awesome camera. Those pics, and others you've posted are great. :cool:

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
neat pics-------especially with your "cat" avatar keepin' cover and watchin' :)

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Very nice. We used to have Robins that nested on a high ledge inside our carport for a few seasons, but they haven't been back in a couple years. But we could watch their progress, it was great. Even had to steer a few young 'uns out from behind the trash cans in the carport out into the real world for the first time.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bountyhunter said:
That's cool!

You must have an awesome camera. Those pics, and others you've posted are great. :cool:

The camera is a Konica/Minolta Z-6. I really like it, because it is capable of taking even better pictures than I can manage to get out of it. It is fully adjustable, just like My old 35 mm. It does "Super Macro", down to 4 tenths of an inch. I've had it for about 2 years or more now. It's been a good camera, & I don't know if they are still making them, but I'd recommend them to anyone ! It does equally well in nearly all situations, lighting & distances. Here's a couple random pic's. I have in the files.

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Great photos, Jim! That camera is a nice one for sure. But obviously you have a lot of talent in the pic department too. :cool:

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Hatched yet? We have too many cats in the neighborhood...birds are scarce, but I have 2 mockingbird nests in a small live oak....I'm about ready to make me a worm wire and help 'em get fat...with a mockingbird's attitude, if we could get 'em to grow bigger....we'd keep the cats down!!!

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sheepdog said:
Hatched yet? We have too many cats in the neighborhood...birds are scarce, but I have 2 mockingbird nests in a small live oak....I'm about ready to make me a worm wire and help 'em get fat...with a mockingbird's attitude, if we could get 'em to grow bigger....we'd keep the cats down!!!

We seem to have a lot of cats around too, & She is nesting about 3 feet off the ground. But, . . . So far so good. She has two little ones, & still has two un-hatched eggs. I hope they do OK, as it has been a little chilly here, & yesterday we had severe thunderstorms all afternoon, & evening, & all night long.

Oh Yeah ! We had Mockingbirds @ the old house, Years ago. They too, were in the bushes, right outside the front door. Our Cocker Spaniel got divebombed so often, He was a nervous wreck when we'd leave Him out into the yard. It got so bad, He would only go out the garage door very cautiously, & then take off for the back yard where He was safe from them.

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
Awesome pictures. Comparing my pictures to yours, you are an artist. Let us know what happens with mommy robin and babies. I'd frame that moon shot. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, Momma is doing OK. But only two of the eggs hatched, & they are doing great. You can almost see them growing each day. They have a lot of fuzz, & a few feathers right now. If She's away, I'll try to snap a pic. or two.

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Did she leave the unhatched egg in the nest or roll it out? It may hatch late...I've never seen a prettier blue in all my life....now tell me, why'd God make them blue????? Oops...eggs...as in two eggs...I forgot...till I went back to see them again...we had blue spruce trees all over our yard in Pa. as a boy...I'd lift up a branch and there she'd be, sitting on the nest....I'd let the branch down ever so easily...and she wouldn't even fly...I think birds are the reason I don't like cats....they won't leave them alone....

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
When you're the artist...you get to pick the colors!!! Awesome....

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
Bountyhunter said:
It's his favorite color.

He never told me that. You're definately special!

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
sheepdog said:
Don't you mean "special" ?? ;)
Yeah, I guess, but that's how I thought I spelled it. Looks the same to me - OH :eek: ""quotation marks. Good-night everyone. :oops: :oops:

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
special is nice...."special" is like "he rides the "special" bus...".... :twisted:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts