Gunner Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
JamesCC showed off some gear, so I'll do mine. Just got two of these out of the mailbox. DeSantis, new, eBayed $52, list is $80. Not on DeSantis site anymore, so probably discontinued. Only on NAA website now, at list price. So I jumped on these. I'm not wild about pancakes, but this is the only leather thumb break available for Guardians.
Footwear Brown Shoe Personal protective equipment Metal
MORE - -

A member of the NAA forum is a holster maker, and sent me this paddle style cheap, on condition I'd give it a good try and post a detailed review. It's even lined. There are only two so far, this one and one he made for himself later. I'm thinking about asking him to make me another, unlined and regular belt loop.

His website: Desert Gun Leather
Brown Liver Leather Fashion accessory Peach
Telephony Telephone Gas Communication Device Auto part
MORE - -
Gesture Strap Wood Gas Personal protective equipment

·
Administrator
11,351 Posts
If he puts the clip on the other side, it's an IWB rig. You have two of the NAA's do you carry them both at the same time? I could see one in the pocket and one OWB at 4:00. Have a Brooklyn reload.

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I have two so I have a backup if one is down for repairs or whatever. I have rarely carried, but current events have me rethinking that. Even after my mugging last year, I didn't exactly carry. I had my SP in my hand every morning for a couple of months; put it in a lockbox under the seat once I got to work.

·
Administrator
11,351 Posts
The SP is a problem solver if you need it or it can be a problem especially if you have one in your carry-on luggage like the woman did in Boston's Logan Airport this week. Bad enough having the feds after you but in MA as well. Be surprised if she didn't see some jail time. It was a 2 1/8" 357 with a bobbed hammer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts