Gunner Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Since no one seems to have read this yet, I'll update all of it.
Looks wise, it's the best of the 3 overall. A very few fine scratches. It may be the best internally too. No bare metal anywhere on the slide rails. It's been fired very little if any. My first two had serials 19 apart. This one is almost 3000 higher, so maybe that's why there's less wear.
They all have a "K" prefix. I've seen them online with other letters, but K seems the highest so far. I'd love to figure out the date on these.
The imported ones were supposedly made 1970-90, so if K is a year, it could be 1981. I don't know. I've written the Serbian and US offices and didn't get replies.
Why is a trivial thing like the date so important? People spend money on detailed letters from Colt, Winchester, etc. I just want a year, and the month would be nice. .:)

·
Administrator
11,891 Posts
The three are all .32 auto? Now you have one for each hand and a Brooklyn reload. Be curious to see how they all function. If one is better than the rest. You should get some dummy rounds and see how they manually function. I suspect the mags will be the driver in function.

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
All .32 Auto. They were / are made in .380 but none of those have been imported so far as I know.
It's hard to find even dummy .32. I have some that a guy on eBay makes with real brass, FMJ bullets and a rubber primer. All 8 mags work fine with them, even the one that I had to adjust the follower.
I've never shot any 32 bigger than my Guardians, the Zs weigh just short of twice as much, 15oz vs 28 loaded. Reviews claim it shoots like a 22 LR. I doubt that but we'll see.

·
Administrator
11,891 Posts
I would think 28 oz would absorb most of the recoil from a .32 ACP plus what gets bled off with the semi auto functioning.
I haven't hit the point that recoil is a factor with handguns. I'm not into calibers larger than 44 Mag and have never shot them. I know some that have shot a Contender in 45/70 and painted their forehead with it from the recoil. Their curiosity about how it shot was satisfied.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
I would think 28 oz would absorb most of the recoil from a .32 ACP plus what gets bled off with the semi auto functioning.
I haven't hit the point that recoil is a factor with handguns. I'm not into calibers larger than 44 Mag and have never shot them. I know some that have shot a Contender in 45/70 and painted their forehead with it from the recoil. Their curiosity about how it shot was satisfied.
I see Derringers in 45/70 and that makes my hand hurt just thinking about shooting them! I had 12" 44 mag and 45lc/410 barrels for my Contender and they weren't bad bat having shot hot 45/70 loads don't think I would even like that, my Marlin hits you pretty good with Garrett or Buffalo Bore ammo.

Reactions: bearcatter

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I survived one cylinder full from a Redhawk years ago. Never again. Even in my twenties I found that 41 Special was the largest I could tolerate. Couldn't do that now. I have slim hands and arms, so the padding and muscle just isn't there. One reason I sold the SP, shooting .38 Special is a little rough these days.
The little 32 Guardians are no pleasure, but they'll do to save my bacon. They have to, since I've got over a grand invested in them! I've invested just as much in the three Zs. I hope they'll make me smile.
Reminds me that I have a box of 10/22 and SP parts and holsters going to Numrich whenever I feel like a PO trip.

·
Administrator
11,891 Posts
I have a couple 44 Mags and they are fun to shoot. I don't load them at the top but a grain or two down and they are plenty powerful but I load for accuracy. My main use is hunting.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
I had two 629 Smiths, a 5" and 3", loved and carried the 5" a lot as my main country / woods gun, the 3" was just plain wicked to shoot! Around the ranch I generally carried my 4" GP100, Bears weren't much of a problem there.

Reactions: bearcatter

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Reading these, I realized I've never shot a 1911, or any sort of .45 caliber. I guess I should put that on my bucket list.

·
Administrator
11,891 Posts
The old slab sides are fun to shoot. I had an Auto Ordinance 1911 for a few years and it was a money pit. I doubled up on the price I paid to make it reliable (and it was) and one day shooting the front sight went off into the wild blue yonder, never to be seen again. I bought a replacement blade installed and traded it off. Took it in the shorts but I was glad it was gone. Have 2 Sigs in 45 Acp and they are my home owners insurance. Not good against fire but excellent on theft and vandalism.

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
My Zastavas bear some resemblance to an Officer's Model. I tried to scale the photos as a good comparison. And the Z's front sight is machined, no flying.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Revolver Gun accessory
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Revolver Gun accessory

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
I loved my Kimber! It was a Commander sized 45 and soft shooting, like plinking with a 22. I really hated selling it, actually both, had a full size also, just could not strip them to clean them, that is why I stay with Sigs and M&Ps with the lever take down.

Terry, don't you have a P320 in 45acp? how does it compare to a 1911?

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The Zastavas aren't bad. Release the barrel bushing and turn it 180* to remove. Push slide release out. Recoil spring pulls out to rear. Barrel comes out forward. Pull slide off forward. Lift out fire control assembly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts