Gunner Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
You guys want pictures, here they are. I spent two hours and six batteries trying to avoid any glare on that shiny blue. The muzzle end is the correct color. These were taken by sunshine coming in a window with sheer curtains. The best my old 3 megapixel Kodak will do. I have pictures of every gun, just for insurance purposes. Right, left, and a serial close-up. These will do.

One gun -
Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Revolver

Peripheral Trigger Office equipment Electronic device Gadget

The other gun -
Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

Reactions: SmittyJ

·
Registered
11,395 Posts
Gees, guess that reminds me, I'm way behind in recording my latest purchases to my insurance records.

• Wow
Reactions: bearcatter

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
They did clean up nice. I wish the photos were better, they really aren't two-tone. Oh well. I really respect people who can do nice photography. I had a really hard time with the Guardians. The frame is bead blast, and the slide is gloss. Getting less glare from the slide made the frame look gray.
I print my pictures at Walgreen's DIY kiosk. They have software that improves the photos to some extent. It will lighten these and even the color a little.
I do the photos and keep all my receipts. I keep all the paperwork from selling guns too.

·
Registered
11,395 Posts
I just keep an excel spreadsheet for insurance purposes.
I keep an excel spreadsheet of all purchases and sales but also like to record photos! Guns, guitars, Cowboy Hats, camping gear and so forth, I'm still finding things. I lost in the fire I forgot at the time.

Reactions: bearcatter

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My policy has a flat payout for my contents, so what I do or don't own doesn't matter much. I just do the guns as proof of what I could lose to a burglary. And to avoid any chance of legal hassle if one of my ex-guns kills somebody. I still think they can trace one back to the factory.

·
Administrator
11,744 Posts
I think the trace starts at the factory and goes forward. If the firearm is previously owned and there is a private sale in between with no FFL then the trace ends. If the gun is over 25 years old there are no record keeping requirements by the FFL so it could end there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts