·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
23 ounces, 6 more than a .357 LCR. Same as a S&W Model 640. One extra shot.

Priced $ 899 ? Ruger LCR is $ 669, S&W 640 is $ 729. I'm sure some people will like it anyway.

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
Had a S&W 327PC and it was a lighter gun with 8 shots, not just 6, so take the claim of the "lightest" with a grain of salt.

I like the idea of the removable sights. That's an improvement over the usual gutter sights on a lot of the Smiths and Rugers. Well thought out.

As for the trigger pull, I've had some Smiths that I'd rate in that weight category and same for Rugers. You just have to try before you buy and be a little picky before pulling out the credit card. Nice to get that out of the box without having to do a trigger job, though.

One extra round? I don't see that as a big deal for my uses, but it is a good selling point.

I'll reserve my judgment until I actually get one in my hands to inspect.

·
Registered
11,626 Posts
I'm impressed and I like that the sight are fixed but replaceable maybe TruGlo will make night sights for it in the future . I wonder if is made in the USA or farmed out like some of there other guns .

·
Super Moderator
4,286 Posts
I like the look of it from the pictures. I hope to see one in the wild so I can fondle it and see if I may have to add to the growing list of I want ones.

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
I've never been any good with a DA whether it be a revolver or the first shot on a semi-auto.
It's something you really need to practice, but with practice, you can be as accurate at self-defense distances shooting in DA mode. When shooting a DA revolver, I devote part of every session to shooting in DA mode. SA mode is reserved for shooting at longer distances. I'm actually every bit as fussy about the DA trigger pull as the SA trigger pull on my DA revolvers.

·
Registered
16,373 Posts
It's something you really need to practice, but with practice, you can be as accurate at self-defense distances shooting in DA mode. When shooting a DA revolver, I devote part of every session to shooting in DA mode. SA mode is reserved for shooting at longer distances. I'm actually every bit as fussy about the DA trigger pull as the SA trigger pull on my DA revolvers.
When I took the safety class in Arizona for their cwp I shot a 92FS for the first time. That first pull was hard but I was able to keep it close. We were only shooting at ten feet and anywhere on the cardboard silhouette counted. I ended up with a one inch group where a few couldn't even hit cardboard. When the teacher was counting the holes he walked from target to target but on mine he turned, looked at me and said nice shooting.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Seeing the new Kimber was about the most exciting 10 seconds I've had all week. I think I'll sleep okay knowing I don't have one.

I'll agree, shooting a snubbie well is hard, with the short sight radius. DAO is even worse. I settle for keeping holes on a paper plate at ten yards. I'd guess the easiest self defense weapon is a hand grenade, but that's a little rough on bystanders........:eek:

·
Registered
11,626 Posts
303 ........When you shoot DA the gun MUST fit you . I have trouble with all DA gun because I have small hand . The thumbnail below shows you where your trigger finger must be to shoot DA accurately . The small Glock frame , all Kahr and J frame S&W are the only DA gun I can shoot accurately and they fit me perfect . Most DA gun when I grip the gun correctly the trigger is too far forward . Note the wrist also .

·
Registered
16,373 Posts
303 ........When you shoot DA the gun MUST fit you . I have trouble with all DA gun because I have small hand . The thumbnail below shows you where your trigger finger must be to shoot DA accurately . The small Glock frame , all Kahr and J frame S&W are the only DA gun I can shoot accurately and they fit me perfect . Most DA gun when I grip the gun correctly the trigger is too far forward . Note the wrist also .
I only own a couple DA and can shoot them SA so I don't get that much practice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts