Gunner Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mossberg has announced their new MC1SC polymer 9mm pistol. It's a subcompact(SC) single stack 9mm with a 3.4" barrel and I would guess aimed at the G43/Shield market.

.......and it accepts Glock 43 mags among other things. They might have a winner here.

Here's a good video review of the pistol - about 10 minutes. Check the Mossberg site for more info.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhBfB33sjWk

·
Registered
11,139 Posts
Interesting!

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
As Mossberg's first actual handgun, it looks like they did their homework. It should compete really well. I would never buy a plastic pistol, but I watched the whole video. A very good review for once, and I agreed with all the info. The clear mags would be my only negative, too (besides the plastic frame). Witness holes do fine. Using Glock mags better, but still plastic. Maybe Mec-Gar has metal ones.

It's twice as big and a half pound heavier than my all stainless Guardian, which has 6 round stainless mags. I'm good.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I just saw an ad for this gun today and immediately liked the look of it. It reminds me of my Ruger SR9C, but smaller. I appreciate the steel recoil rod.

I have a lot of respect for the older Mossberg .22 rifles we used back in the early fifties for small game and many impromptu assaults on tin cans, bottles and shotgun shells.

I don’t need this Mossberg 9mm but if priced right one of the cross-bolt safety versions might just join my Ruger SR9C and Taurus PT111 G2. Love the small size of the Mossberg.

Hope it proves to be a winner for them.

·
Super Moderator
10,891 Posts
I have a Sig P938 that has both 6 and 7 round mags (both +1). It is 100% reliable and quite accurate. If I were to upgrade it would be for more ammo capacity or larger caliber. The Sig P365 holds 10+1 rounds and also has 12+1 round mags but the 9 MM just doesn't give me warm fuzzys.

As to the Mossberg pistol they are jumping into a very competitive marketplace at a time when sales are declining. I wonder how long they will be be in it for?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I have a Sig P938 that has both 6 and 7 round mags (both +1). It is 100% reliable and quite accurate. If I were to upgrade it would be for more ammo capacity or larger caliber. The Sig P365 holds 10+1 rounds and also has 12+1 round mags but the 9 MM just doesn't give me warm fuzzys.

As to the Mossberg pistol they are jumping into a very competitive marketplace at a time when sales are declining. I wonder how long they will be be in it for?
I too have one remaining Sig 938 of the three I first bought. They are subcompact and are good shooters. Great CC guns.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts