Gunner Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that it's a done deal, I can admit buying the .22 LR S&W 15-22 AR. Got it local on sale. I guess even with a 22, I'm in the Evil Black Rifle Club now...:devilish:

I still have two UPS's to finish it. I'll have ten mags, five 10s and five 25s. Tac-Six zipper case, and a few spare parts. I still have to figure out a sling. A normal type sling doesn't work well, and the military type are kinda Greek to me. Too many options. With that I'm finished.

Brother is trying to talk me into an optic, but it came with good Magpul sights that are $90 by theirselves. I like open sights.

FWIW, I still wouldn't buy a plastic handgun......:rolleyes:
Air gun Trigger Machine gun Gun barrel Shotgun

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I have Sightmark R-SPECs on all my ARs. I'm not ringin' steel at 100 yards or huntin' white tails. These is meant to be fightin' iron.

Anyway, they're only $100, have several retical options/brightness levels and display in red or green (I like green). They're quick release on the pic rail, but once clamped they don't move around.

Learnin' to use iron sights is important, but once you clamp and zero this you won't regret it. I shoot much better 25 yard groups now at the indoor range with a lot less fiddlin'.

Plant Font Gadget Rectangle Packaging and labeling

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you get a commission?...:p

I've figured out putting a "normal" sling on it. Rail mount sling attachment under the hand guard, and snap swivel on the sling. Gotta get the attachment and sling today. Gun came with an extra 2 inch rail that I've already installed.

I need a sling that doesn't come with swivels. That narrows the choices a lot. I don't want to have to unstitch and restitch anything. A military style would be nice, or a better nylon.

When you buy a gun, the "extras" kill you. Case, mags, sling. Cost as much as the gun did ! ...:(...At least I don't need ammo....:rolleyes:

Maybe I'll try an optic later, like next year.:cool:

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I went with a do-it myself web sling from my 10/22, just had to add a swivel hook to the front. At the store an old style black leather military sling was an almost but no cigar. The Magpul sling attachment worked fine. Some parts and mags are on the way, then I'm done.
Musical instrument accessory Bumper Automotive exterior Auto part Bicycle part
Wood Musical instrument accessory Auto part Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system

1 - 7 of 7 Posts