Gunner Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
5,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Leupold 2.5 X 20 FX II. Took me a lot of time over two weeks to find this. One place took two days to tell me they didn't have it. Another thought they had it and didn't. I had paid for it, got a refund. Finally got tipped by a member on RF, an eBay listing had 3 of them.

I had thought I was getting a Leupold mount, but the eBay guy also had a Weaver mount I like better. Thumb screw base instead of 5 (wow) Torx. I won't see it until Monday or Tuesday, but that's okay. The scope was like finding the Holy Grail.... :rolleyes:
Microphone Audio equipment Font Magenta Electric blue
Auto part Font Automotive wheel system Automotive tire Fashion accessory

The Leupold almost bought
Auto part Font Composite material Automotive wheel system Metal

· Registered
5,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not a see thru, just lightens it. The forward offset is to keep the base off the flexible handguard. The mount is standard AR height. I can flip the irons down and leave them on. That's where the thumb screws might be handy, switching to those or my dot sight. I could have gotten a QD mount, but they can snag and come loose too easy, extra $$ too.

· Registered
5,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My Basic M-16s rattled bad. You could have heard us coming a mile away. I think if you slammed the butt down against a table they would have detail stripped themselves.

My 9 weeks in the Army in 1976 is a long story, but I do have an Honorable. Just not enough time for benefits.

Short story, they ignored the "Guaranteed in writing" deal they had back then. They were going to stick me with a different MOS at a different fort. I bruised my hand, and somehow the Army doctor and I traded stories. His wife was also Army, and they had just transferred her to another fort several hundred miles away. He wrote up my bruised tendon as a growth missed in the induction physical. He got some satisfaction, and a big grin, out of helping someone else who got screwed. That got me an Honorable for Medical Reason. By time I was actually out, the lump in my hand was gone.

The discharge made my carry permit easy-peezy, just a few forms. What time I was in I got to shoot some full-auto. I never touched a handgun, but Virginia doesn't care.

· Registered
5,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Well the scope is at my main PO this evening. It was one of a two item order, from Lancaster PA. The business has two locations, Lancaster and Louisville KY. The mount is part two from Louisville, and tracks as "Label Created", for two days. It hasn't even been picked up yet. It should have been here tonight too, only 140 miles difference. I should be looking forward to mounting it Monday, but now the mount will be Wednesday delivery if then....:mad:

All of my package troubles over the last two months have been lousy business shipping, not the shipping companies. All of them have run on time, once they actually have the package....:(.:mad:.:(

· Registered
5,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Scope mount package finally left the business yesterday, that took 5 days. It actually moved ten miles, then sat at the Louisville hub for 12 hours. Finally got moving again at 7 this morning with 410 miles to go. The PO has about 19 hours to get the remaining 230 miles to my hub for delivery tomorrow. They just have to average 12 mph.....:rolleyes:

We did have the deal with USPS delivering for other carriers, but I haven't noticed it the last few months. Our problem, they don't process anything but Priority here now. Everything else goes to Greensboro NC first. Often means my mail passes me, then backtracks like your mail. That adds three hours driving time to Roanoke mail at probably 6 mpg....makes sense to me....o_O

I had a Midway package do like my scope mount, just before Thanksgiving. I paid for next day air, and it didn't move for 4 days. Two emails during the wait got me cheap excuses. Then I dug up Larry Potterfield's email address and showed CS I had it. Then they apologized and refunded the entire shipping. All I wanted was the difference between next day and ground.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts