Gunner Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The new rifle is ruining me. I never thought I'd buy a half plastic gun, and I broke another "never" today. I put a dot sight on it.

Sig Sauer Romeo MSR. It's their cheapest model, grabbed it on sale for $80, $30 off.
Gas Machine Metal Kitchen appliance accessory Auto part

It's a green dot. Available in red, but I had read green for daylight, red for low light. The green fiber optic on my SP101 works good.

One thing I didn't think about, I can use my regular flip-up sights without removing it. You just look through the Sig.

It's got flip-up see-thru covers I like. At least at first, they're stiff to open, but I'll likely keep them closed anyway. Comes with a nifty little tool that operates the mount and adjustments. It's basic with simple features, works for me.

A point for Terry : You live a rock's throw from Sig in NH. I ordered a battery cover and spare mount screw from Sig, and they're coming from Oregon...?.....:rolleyes:

Reactions: JamesCC

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re-Sig pretty sure Sig farms out the sight business along with mags. The mags are made in Italy.
I figured out that Sig has a facility in Wilsonville, Oregon. Aerial view, it's a 2 story building with about the footprint of a Walmart. Roughly 50 parking spots. Seems to be where they do the optics warehousing and CS. It's not farmed out. I guess that puts the optics closer to China.....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you ma'am. What is your latest firearm related acquisition? Will we hear from you again this year?

Don't be a stranger. Your presence would liven up GF. We're on life support......:(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts