Gunner Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Saturday I somehow bent the decapping pin on my Dillon Square Deal B machine and ended up crimping every slot in the shell plate. No way could I slide a piece of brass in. Tried prying open with a screw driver and then a chisel. Took a file to the slots and when that didn't work either I swore at it for ten minutes. Swearing almost worked but alas it became obvious another approach was need. So I gave up on the .357s for the weekend and loaded a whole bunch of 45LC.

Monday morinng bright and early I was on the phone to Dillon to order a new shell plate and decap pin. The shell plate is 30 bucks and I figured they would throw in the pin to ease my pain.

First thing the guy on the phone asked was my customer #. When I told the techey I needed to order the shell plate he asked my why. After coping to my very own incompetance he said no problem he would ship the stuff out to my account address. Hold on I sez, don't you need a credit card. Nope he says, we'll get a replacement out in todays mail. I then explained this was not a warranty issue but more along the lines of a stupid issue. His answer was these things happen but we'll take care of you.

Sooooo. It is true the Dillon Lifetime no BS warranty is just that. NO BS. Oh, the shellplate showed up in my mailbox today. Four days from Scottsdale to Sun City seems a bit excessive but I guess I'll let them slide this time.

Fine company to do business with.

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
That's good to hear. Companies like them should be more common. But aren't.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have heard a lot about their warranty and it nice to see that they really came thru. By the same token, Lee has taken very good care of the few problems I have had with their equipment.

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Bountyhunter said:
I use Lee. I'm cheap. :lol:
Me too! And Lee is actually pretty good about standing behind their stuff. They have replaced a few parts for me, free of charge.

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
Lee has been good to me also :D

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Dillon's customer service is crap, I've never gotten what I asked for right...I'll call and ask to have the girl on page 21 deliver my shell holder...never happens...ask for the doll on page 12 to bring me a decapping pin.....all I get is my ugly, balding mailman......

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sheepdog...now that there is funny.

I bought a 550 from Dillon several years ago, USED. It was missing a part when I set it up. I called to order the part and got the same response as Chance. I told the guy on the phone.."you don't understand, I did not break it...I bought it from some guy selling a used press". He said "you did not understand ME...but there is no charge". I have been a loyal customer ever since.

I am glad you guys have had good response form Lee..I never did. I will just leave it at that.

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
If I ever buy another press, it'll be a Dillon-I've never heard anything but amazingly good things about them....and then there're the wimmen.............

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sheepdog
Don't count of the page 21 sweetie delivering your new press. I am breaking things as fast as I can to keep her coming here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts