Gunner Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The ammo, that is.

Just over a month ago, I acquired a Remington Nylon 66. The gun had been stored for 30 years, but cleaned up real nice. I have taken it out 3 times and enjoyed the heck out of it.

My brother-in-law, who gave the gun to me, has now found 50 rounds of Remington .22lr that has also been in the back of a closet for 30 years. Would it be safe to fire this ammo? I sort of think that it should be, but figured I would let those who know more than me warn me off if not.

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
they should be fine to shoot............
but heck, i just might put them up and save them for a conversation piece to go with the rifle.....

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, there is no corrosion. I am not much for conversation pieces, so I will be firing away (though maybe I will keep one round).

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
Dito what every one else said...the only old loads you REALLY have to watch out for (barring corrosion) are shot gun shells...those old paper shells up in gramps closet should probably be left as a decoration.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.