Gunner Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First the sight, now a laser. Inexpensive $30. Not great but okay. The adjustments could be better, but the rest is decent quality. Mounted left side forward, activation switch is right in front of my thumb. Next I'll be looking for a satellite dish .....:p

I'm good with just my open sights and dot sight. The laser will be more for fun and curiosity.

·
Administrator
12,079 Posts
When I had shoulder surgery in 2015 I bought laser grips for my SP101 and loaded it with 38 Spl. Figured if I needed it I could hit something with the off hand if I needed it for the home. This year I had the other shoulder done and reinstalled the laser on the SP until I was able to use the repaired side. Then I brought back out the Sigs in 45 ACP. The laser is good for dry firing practice.

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
With a handgun laser, my dot dances a lot, showing how bad my grip is. On the rifle I'm a lot steadier.
With the laser's shortcomings, I consider it good for center of mass up to 20 yards, where an inch or two doesn't matter. Nothing more. It's only advantage is that you can hold the gun on your hip or over your head and still get your target. That could be very useful.

I've noticed eBay loaded with $10 lasers, mostly pistol rail type. Those, and even the good brands, all use 2-3 stacked, hard to find, button cells that only last 3 hours. Mine uses 1 common CR2 that's fairly big and lasts 40 hours. I do like that.

·
Administrator
12,079 Posts
I don't particularly like the laser grips I got as they are too compact for an SP especially with 357's. My sigs all have the night sights factory installed. All you really need is the front sight and bang.

·
Registered
11,487 Posts
Had a CT grip on my GP100 and it was OK but did not like the Shield with the laser, both gone now.

Reactions: bearcatter
1 - 6 of 6 Posts