Gunner Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the RH apart. I'm going to clean it up. I'm thinking about bead blasting it. Can it be done like this and then cleaned up before reassembly or does it need to come apart more? :?

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
How the hell do I get the front site off? :?

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
My Rh manual says: Depress the spring loaded plunger in the front of the barrel rib with a small punch & lift rear of sight blade.

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought I tried that. :?

I'm taking the frame to work tomorrow and I'm going to round out the grip on the grinder. :)

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, Deadeye, came right off. I guess I was doing it wrong. :? :roll:

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's never too early. I just like taking my stuff apart. I have no self control and I'm a bit reckless. :|

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
BH you need to disassemble everthing that moves or figure out a way to seal it, or you'll have media in all those parts. Not a good thing. I'm thinking as I write this so bear with me. You might be able to seal those places, like the cylinder latch, trigger guard release and such with a heavy grease. I'm thinking about doing this to mine too, maybe between the two of us and anyone else here we can figure it out.

Molon Labe

Kim

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
kim said:
BH you need to disassemble everthing that moves or figure out a way to seal it, or you'll have media in all those parts. Not a good thing. I'm thinking as I write this so bear with me. You might be able to seal those places, like the cylinder latch, trigger guard release and such with a heavy grease. I'm thinking about doing this to mine too, maybe between the two of us and anyone else here we can figure it out.

Molon Labe

Kim
I was thinking along the same lines, but I'm not sure how to seal it. I can't take it down anymore. I'm afraid I won't get it back together. I was thinking that I could be extra careful with the trigger guard assembly and cylinder and then wash the parts out real good before putting them back together. They'd have to dipped in gas or something and then blown off with an air hose maybe. :?

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
Take them all apart, take your time and take and number photos as you take it down, it’s the best way.
If some of the folks on .net & com can do it I’m sure you can.

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wish I was as sure as you. I'm afraid I'll end up with a box of parts that'll be worth more by the pound. :?

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
You can send me the sub assembles to put together if you need to, take the pitchers and give it a try, take your time and walk away if you get POed.

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Knowing me I'll be walking away a lot. :| I'll try it, but I have a feeling I'll be sorry. :)

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
I will help just keep the groups of parts in bags for each group :)

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Do I have to take the firing pin out of the frame? I really don't want to do that. That'll be a deal breaker. :?:

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
Tape it up real good. clean all of the oil etc off first.

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
..oh, cwap, where's the pawl retracting grommet??? I hope you didn't lose that...they quit making them last year...it's not in the picture...did you drop it???

1 - 20 of 61 Posts