Gunner Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd post some pics of my backyard to show Natalie that its not all Fangs & Thorns here in Texas!

Mattie & I out at my shop.

My little bucket garden.

This is a Wild Onion bloom.

The beautiful side of Cactus.

These are Wild Blackberrys that grow all over my place.

Moms old Rocker (told her I'd build her a new one but she likes this one.)

Some Blackberrys we picked today.

The Blackberry Cobler Mom made.

YUMMY Blackberry Cobler & Bluebell icecream, it don't get no better'n this folks!!!

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
I'm gonna report you for cruel and unusual posting....that blackberry cobbler makes my eyes bug out and my stomach's growling...we won't even comment on the Blue Bell......so near and yet so far.......

Oh yeah, I meant to say the yard's awesome!!! Cozy like a living room...where's the twice barrel to keep it quiet?

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Boy do I envy you a little. That picture of the rocker showing a bit of wilderness is great. Look out my back door, front door, windows on either side of the place and you see other houses and people. I like the area I'm in, it's quiet and all, but to look out my back door and just see the woods would be great. :cool:

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
that's some good livin'!!!
love them blackberries as well.......

only thing missin' is some kid goats........... let them browse and take care of the yard and as they fatten' up, its bar-b-que time!!!!!!!

I'll bring the sauce... ;)

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
Sheesh, I am such a virgin! Never ate a blackberry and never heard of Blue Bell ice cream plus my meat market doesn't carry 'goat'. I must have been stuck under a rock. I also envy you Deadeye. That rocker shot is beautiful (so are the other shots) but the rocker shot talks. Thanks for posting these for me. Still, you've got snakes - oh right, I forgot that boots are made for walkin'. (I can't stand JF)

Mattie looks good. She just stays there with you and doesn't run away. She's as good as Sheepdog. He's going away to take care of the enemy for us. Yessir, he got tired of living out of the car in Darth Vadors /oops, I mean Bountyhunter's DARK SHADOW.

Hey, why are the tomatoes and beans planted in buckets and not in the ground? It's fine and it'll work but I just wondered because you have all that space.

You missed a little this weekend and we missed you. How could you stay away for a whole day and a half? You offer us pictures and expect forgiveness right? Okay for this time but that's it buddy boy. Get with the program. Me and the guys are checkin' the board at least 4 x's a day. You need a shop 'puter. Just can't be leading a double life. It's us or nothin'. :p

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
Nice pics Deadeye. Looks nice and peaceful.

I can't wait for the berry bushes to get going here. There just starting to leaf out this far north. Black rasbery pie is my FAVORITE.

I won't even plant the garden till Memorial Weekend.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I put my plants in the buckets mostly due to Gophers. Couple of years ago I planted 3 tomatos & 3 pepper plants, all nice & neat in a row. Next morning they were gone just 6 little holes left where they were. Them little Bastards had tunneled up to each one & pulled them under. I also have Hordes of Grasshoppers in the Summer, so keep'n them on the porch keeps them up away from the hungry hordes.

I'd send you some Blackberries & Bluebell idecream but don't think it would make it there in too good of shape. :D

·
Registered
189 Posts
Man...I like that back yard...and the cobbler pics(thats just wrong :mrgreen: )
My back yard is cat-claw, mesquite and cactus

Always wanted a green yard like that, but then remembered you have to maintain it....
I like the natural landscape..lol....you just let it grow(I hate yard work) :lol:

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
Deadeye said:
I put my plants in the buckets mostly due to Gophers. Couple of years ago I planted 3 tomatos & 3 pepper plants, all nice & neat in a row. Next morning they were gone just 6 little holes left where they were. Them little Bastards had tunneled up to each one & pulled them under. I also have Hordes of Grasshoppers in the Summer, so keep'n them on the porch keeps them up away from the hungry hordes.

I'd send you some Blackberries & Bluebell idecream but don't think it would make it there in too good of shape. :D

and yet 2 more of the Texas animal kingdom - gophers and grasshoppers. Can't have a garden cause it's here one day, gone the next. Disappearing garden - that's funny. Like I said, mosquitoes aren't that bad and neither is an occasional fly. Lots of green in Michigan - even lakes, trees, flowers. Probably more people though but most of them are nice - just like you guys. We hold some things in common right?

When the mailman delivers today, I'll pretend I received your cobbler and ice cream which you were so sweet as to wish to send me. My world isn't real anyways.

Hey Deadeye, what do you think about the grazing goats? You get 'em, we'll name 'em.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts