Gunner Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is an idea I have been working on for a little while. It his me when I was having a very deep discussion with some close friends a couple weeks ago.

---

The Conspiracy Against Men

According to the culture around us today, a man who prefers the company of other men, no matter the context, is gay. Only a **** would prefer drinking beer with his buddies in the garage, or fishing with his closest friend all weekend, or spending the weekend with a few pals and some beer up in the hills. A straight man would much rather be watching some crappy movie with his girlfriend, or be at some bar with awful music playing, trying his hardest to be the guy that some girl goes home with that night. Straight guys do only super-straight stuff, but never with other guys. That would be gay.

You know why I like my friends? We have stuff in common. Not once have my friends ever told me to turn the Ted Nugent down, change my shirt, or that we are going somewhere with their parents tomorrow, and that they don’t care that it is a Sunday in December, we need to go shopping. I like my girlfriend and all, but my buddies kick major ass. But the same society that told me that I need to worry about the appearance of my skin, and smell like wildflowers, also told me that I cannot hang out with my friends, unless we are on the prowl for chicks.

Why did they do this? They don’t want us talking to each other. When my friends and I have a few hours with no women around, we invariably start having some profound conversations about the problems that face us today. You may think that men discuss nothing but professional sports and boobs (we do) but the best conversations I have with my friends are about the exact things that Nancy Pelosi fears we are talking about. We are not the cro-magnons they would like to believe we are. For all of Bill O’Reilly’s self admiration and big words, and despite what the blowhards on NPR think, the smartest guys I know are a half-dozen or so of us around a cooler of American beer. The deepest and most honest parts of us emerge without the fear or self-censoring that dictates what we say in our daily lives. Our desire to raise children in traditional families, the fact that our beliefs are being trampled on by a vocal minority with the help of major media outlets and a willing education system, and mostly, that we will not stand for this any longer. We recount about the US government’s proclivity to making examples of people like my friends every few years, referring to us as a ‘separatist movement’ and shooting our loved ones while burning down our settlements. When my friends and I talk about our feelings, words like hope, love, and desire never enter the discussion. We talk about our anger and frustrations at the world around us, and that our particular breed is being actively marginalized. We use the word ‘hate.’ In the rest of our lives, we are made to feel out of place for being who we are. At a kitchen table, or gathered around an open hood, we are free to discuss things that have become the few taboos in modern-day America. Our admiration for men such as Andrew Jackson, or George Patton. The outrage we feel when every choice in life is seen as ‘equal.’ Our beliefs and values are vocalized. It’s a support group for the one population segment that doesn’t have a support group: Americans. We have a chance pass judgment on the things that we feel are unacceptable. This is the last thing they want us to discuss. For them to overrun us and our way of life, it is crucial that we not band together. They have succeeded thus far by breaking the ties between our neighbors, the men at our church and the guys down at the salt mine by insisting that wherever there are men, there must also be women and children. The best chance a man has for conversation this day in age is the idle chatter in the bleachers at junior’s soccer game (soccer – that’s one for another column) or in a department store waiting on the missus.

Every real man owes it to himself, his country, and the brotherhood of men to develop these relationships. Beyond your weekly poker game, find a circle of friends where it is okay to be angry, and it’s okay to be intolerant. Sharing your feelings doesn’t have to mean sounding like a bunch of chicks.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
+1...........

it has become rather touchy/feelie as far as the main stream press is projectin' nowadays. Heck, when i was growin' up, my daddy would take me into some of the small country bars with him. There the men would engage in the usual talk of the day----and there were no women in these bars..........nothing wrong with women in bars-----but back then, these where "man" bars. Moms where home while the men worked. Naturally the men then would want to socialize after work. I don't know how much time i spent in bars durin' the summer when i was a swamper on my daddy's truck, but it was a bunch.

Today, all these little country bars are gone. Stopping off somewhere to visit after work seems to have died. And the constant dribble of conform to what ever poliically correct ideas is bomb-barding us constantly. To me, it strikes of a constant never-ending propaganda stream that is tryin' to shape the next generations of this Country thru the new media, text books, and teaching cricilum.

Now i sure don't claim to be a saint, but at the same time, i don't have to buy wholesale into the tripe and correctness of the politicans and whatever sems to be the "in" thing for a kinder and gentle'er populace. I don't consider myself to be a chauvinest because i open doors for ladies and my wife doesn't work---she stayed home all these years takin' care of kids, or a radical because i don't care for the republicans or the democrats but put my faith in the Constitution, or what ever other label because i don't conform------------ i just want to be left alone and do as i see fit to raise my family and take care of business without any of the "pc" crowd puttin' label on me for my views and practices. This seems to be the general view in my area of a lot of folks.

but there is no doubt, we are not the men our daddy's where, and by the time my future grandkids are raised---there ain't no tellin' just what "acceptable" "normal" behaviour will be the standard for men.

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
I think one of the problems is that there has not been a real man on the silver screen since John Wayne died. They would rather show some touchy-feely BS than show how a real man should act.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Gunman, you nailed it. Men don't have a "real man" to aspire to be like. My daddy loved my momma, and though he and momma would discuss everything, daddy had the final decision making on his shoulders...momma didn't always agree, but daddy had the final say. They were married for 49 years, and momma will tell you to this day that he never hit her. If I had to choose once thing that I learned from my daddy it would be that there is never a reason nor an excuse for hitting a woman. Ms. Wizard and I have been married for almost 36 years, and she will also tell you that I have never hit her. Being a man doesn't mean being a bully....a real man has to be understanding, but also has to know when to say "it is my decision that.....".

I agree also, that men need to sometimes just get away with other guys...no females. Don't get me wrong, I love and respect women....they are the finest thing put on this earth....but sometimes, ya just need to get away from them.

Daddy started carrying me hunting when I was 6....I got to carry a .410 Win pump when I was 7....he gave me a J.C. Higgins .22 rifle when I was 8. Sometime the hunting was just a day trip...sometimes we stayed 2 day, camping that night. Men just don't teach their sons things anymore, because they don't want to be bothered. I always wanted a son, but now, I'm kinda glad that we had a daughter....raising a son like he should be raised just seems like a really big job....with a daughter, ya just had to hide the bodies when she got to be datin' age..... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Hallelujah!!!! You guys are right on....I remember the time when a dope house in town would get a visit from the men after supper....and be told to move or be burned out the next night...and it would happen....men have been filed on and sandpapered and buffed, trying to get us to be all PC and smooth....till the roughness and toughness that makes a man a man is viewed as wrong....
I have one point of disagreement with all said.....being a friend as you guys describe it...is love at its best...not trying to change each other....just being able to relax and share and discuss and cuss....that is a better love than being all nicey-nice....to tell a guy...hey, you're f....ing up, you gotta stop that...is being a real friend....

A book called Wild at Heart by John Eldredge should be required reading for all men and all fathers, especially....it goes into how society beginning at church and school is trying to make the boys act like girls...be "good" and "quiet" and "nice"...then hates them when they grow up wimpy and afraid to express their opinions or stand up to trouble....tells us how women try to "civilize" us then hate the result....
Who was it said "We are safe in our beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence against evil..."......you don't stop evil with the sissy kind of attitude the PC world wants us to have...and you're sooooo right that the Pelosi-types want us to stand meekly in a herd and resist nothing...producing for their types....

These posts are really encouraging to me....especially from someone young as you, rp....all my life I've told my family "I'll be the bad guy"...SOMEONE'S GOTTA DO THE DIRTY WORK!!!!! Glad to hear you say these things...the country wasn't begun , hasn't been preserved, isn't being protected by nice little men with clean fingernails...we need men with dirty hands who'll dive in and DO something instead of standing around wondering "Why doesn't somebody do something?" We ARE somebody...unpopular most of the time....necessary when the SHTF, then they want us to go be nice and quiet till next time....slow learners, aren't "they"......

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
This is a great thread. I agree with you guys. I read Wild At Heart Sheepdog and it's a good book with a strong message. I don't think it's just the fault of churches and schools. I think it started during the feminist movement a long time ago. That movement was needed up to a certain point, but it was carried way too far. Americans can identify a problem but then do not know where/when to stop in correcting it. It's been that way with the blacks, with women, with correcting children etc ad nauseum. Rich discusses many things with me and listens to my opinions but when he decides his course of action or makes a decision about something that is it. He then 'usually' ;) has my acceptance and support. I feel that no man has a right to hit his wife or to beat his kids. There would be less societal problems if women stayed home and took child rearing as the immense responsibility that it is. Kids aren't meant to raise themselves and strangers may keep them out of harms way but it's still not even close to mom. We have become politically correct - striving not to offend a single soul because of law suits and too many lawyers thrive on that crap. It's gotten crazy. A woman spills coffee on 'herself' and sues because it was 'hot'... DUH. Two men living together want this arrangement to be recognized as a marriage... uh-huh. Men need to be men and women need to be women for the world to be right again. Women need to respect and encourage men. However, men must then use their heads wisely. I know I'm off base from what rp was saying but to me it all reflects and rolls from one to another.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Great thread RP! I only have one friend left that hasn't been assimilated into the PC world and he moved to Commifornia (he lives in the mountains around Yosemite so he hasn't been PC'd yet). He's going thru what I did with my ex wife. He married a Succubus with three kids & deadbeat ex husband that only wanted him to support her ungrateful bastards.

The things you said are exactly the reason I will never marry again. The whole time I was married all I heard was how I was just trying to be Macho whenever I just wanted to express the way I felt. Or better yet I was Degrading her & all women with my attitude.

I am a card carrying member of "The Heman Woman Haters Club" and I refuse to watch Chick Flicks! :twisted:

·
Registered
105 Posts
gunman42782 said:
I think one of the problems is that there has not been a real man on the silver screen since John Wayne died. They would rather show some touchy-feely BS than show how a real man should act.
Look what we have now. Broke Dick Cowboy...err....I mean Brokeback Mountain. John Wayne must be spinning in his grave.

People in society complain about the way young women dress and act, yet we have shows like Sex and the City and Desperate Housewives not to mention all the nauseating reality TV stuff. This current Politically Correct generation has some real short circuits in their value systems.

I am a big believer in the Constitution. Some how, some way, our government has gone way past it. Just where in hell does the Constitution give the Federal Government the authority to regulate agriculture, education, HHS., etc.. Now they want to try and regulate health care, and now, what this thread alludes to, what is proper behavior and what is correct thinking. To hell with it and to hell with the Nancy Pelosi's of the world and there PC ilk.

It irks me to no end that I gave 21 years of my life to support and defend this country only to see the direction it is going now. The real men in this country are the ones standing guard in Iraq, Afghanistan and other unknown places in the world and are getting paid next to nothing to do it. They volunteer for this. They put their families through hell for this. And how do we repay them? By having Sen Dick Durbin accuse them of acting like Nazi's. By having Sen John Kerry say you either get smart or you end up in Iraq (i.e., only dummies end up in Iraq). By worrying about making some terrorist uncomfortable at that rest camp at Gitmo while his comrades are torturing and beheading our comrades. By having the whole damn PC crowd willing to cut and run rather than finish the job.

I agree with everything said her. I apologize for my little tirade. I think the people who push this kind of think are a bunch of spoiled little brats. Life in the USA is really good compared to other parts of the world, and all they can do is bitch and complain about it.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
michael_L said:
gunman42782 said:
Look what we have now. Broke Dick Cowboy...err....I mean Brokeback Mountain. John Wayne must be spinning in his grave.

People in society complain about the way young women dress and act, yet we have shows like Sex and the City and Desperate Housewives not to mention all the nauseating reality TV stuff. This current Politically Correct generation has some real short circuits in their value systems.

I am a big believer in the Constitution. Some how, some way, our government has gone way past it. Just where in hell does the Constitution give the Federal Government the authority to regulate agriculture, education, HHS., etc.. Now they want to try and regulate health care, and now, what this thread alludes to, what is proper behavior and what is correct thinking. To hell with it and to hell with the Nancy Pelosi's of the world and there PC ilk.

It irks me to no end that I gave 21 years of my life to support and defend this country only to see the direction it is going now. The real men in this country are the ones standing guard in Iraq, Afghanistan and other unknown places in the world and are getting paid next to nothing to do it. They volunteer for this. They put their families through hell for this. And how do we repay them? By having Sen Dick Durbin accuse them of acting like Nazi's. By having Sen John Kerry say you either get smart or you end up in Iraq (i.e., only dummies end up in Iraq). By worrying about making some terrorist uncomfortable at that rest camp at Gitmo while his comrades are torturing and beheading our comrades. By having the whole damn PC crowd willing to cut and run rather than finish the job.

I agree with everything said her. I apologize for my little tirade. I think the people who push this kind of think are a bunch of spoiled little brats. Life in the USA is really good compared to other parts of the world, and all they can do is bitch and complain about it.
+1 Love that "Broke Dick Cowboy" comment! :lol:

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
Right on RP!

I have always had a couple of buddies that I have been able to say anything to without them getting offended. We hunt and fish mostly, and we talk about the shit that bugs us the most.

Were all married now, and so we don't get to hang out quite as much as we used to, but we still get together, and we still have fun. But the best part is that I know if I call these guys in the middle of the night to help get rid of a body they would get the job done first and then ask questions. ;)

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
John, that's what's missing...most guys you call for help in the night would play like they were too sleepy to hear you...much less come out...I've got one friend here who'd bounce out in his skivvies with a .45 in each hand if I yelled...them kind are rare....kinda like society's spent all our lives trying to make a monkey outa a red-blooded American Man...now they gripe cause we pick fleas from here and there in public......and scream for help when the boogie man comes for them....knowing we're too much who we are to just let him get 'em.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts