Gunner Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every single time Social Security goes up, Medicare takes it. It's all a sham.

Medicare is going up $22. Part B deductible is going up $30. For most people that will leave around $20 of the increase. Some won't have any. I don't even have my first check yet, and I feel robbed. I'm adding Part G, which my wife had, and it's $80 a month.

I'm trying to figure out some dental. I don't think there's any coverage in A, B, or G. I'll have to have work at some point. I've lost side teeth over the years, and it's caused the others to shift. I still have a decent smile, but if the right tooth goes AWOL it won't be. I'd love implants but have no clue of the cost.

·
Administrator
11,217 Posts
All in on Implants up here is $4k+ per. There are places that do it cheaper but I go to an oral surgeon to put the post in and then my regular dentist for the crown to go on it. Neither of them are cheap. The one in the upper teeth I had to have a sinus lift as part of the procedures, the lower jaw they usually pack in some bone around it. I have had 3 and each of those teeth I had a root canal at some point and it failed. Going forward if someone says root canal then I say get the pliers.

If you do decide to go back to work see if you can find a gun shop that is hiring. Might as well do something fun. The downside is leaving too much of your paycheck there buying guns and ammo.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
$4K per tooth?....o_O.....I just don't like the thought of having a mouth full of plastic. My mother could eat apples with her dentures, but I've known a lot of people that had constant problems.
I guess if worse comes to worst, I'll just eat soup..... :(

My "have to have work" was referring to dental. I didn't put it clearly.

·
Administrator
11,217 Posts
That is likely close to the high end. People hear it costs $2k to get an implant which may be true but you have to add a tooth to it which is another $2k. I don't know about multiple teeth if it goes up proportionally. Not sure if you could put one in and bridge to a good tooth to eliminate half the cost.

Cost & Benefits of Dental Implants (smilesofvirginia.com)

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I read your link, odd grammar. It related what you already knew. A mouthful of implants would be 130K. Ouch. My house assesses for about that.

A coworker had something I hadn't seen before. He had four posts implanted in the top, and four on the bottom, that his full dentures clicked onto. IIRC, he said it cost 5K, but that was several years back.

·
Administrator
11,217 Posts
I have seen that advertised. The 5K was probably for the posts assuming they didn't need to do other procedures. The dentures themselves have to be 2 to 3 times that. Just my guess. They should be great if they are a good fit. Wouldn't have to worry about cavities.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts