Gunner Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This one of the monthly matchs that I have shot at. Its before I got me some cowboy dud's lol. But as you can see the dress is mainly what I already had. I have had the boots for several years before I ever thought about shooting in Cowboy Action shooting. Its pretty easy to start out, its once it gets in your blood that makes it hard to stop. I am going to there this Monday for a week day match not many folks show up there but it works better for me to shoot during the week as I don't get that many weekends off.
Sometime back in another forum deputy 125 shared a mounted sass event, the question was raised as to what they shoot. I found out that its a specail black powder blank that is loaded for the rider they don't roll their own. I read over some of the requirements aw don't think I'll be doing the mounted thing any time soon lol.

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
Lookin' good and havin' fun. Nothing better.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks yep we did have fun and there are alot of good folks that go there. It was pretty cool when we started but it soon warmed up.

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
somethin' about a cross-draw SA rig that thrills my soul....one day, I'm gonna find my Vaquero 4 5/8" .44 Mag SS.....and I'm gonna spend what it takes to get a cartridge-studded belt...and I'm gonna wear that rig to bed and to church and to the ball park....may even get me a hat.....it's the cowboy in my soul......

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes the barrel's got warm also but your heart at least mine goes in to high gear once you hear stand by then the beep and the timer is on and every hunderdth of scond counts.sheepdog believe it or not there is some cowboy/cowgurl in all of us.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
looks like a good bunch of folks and a good time to be had............. :)

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am a member of SASS at large I don't belong to any one culb at this time. This match was shot at Oakwood Texas, which was also where the state match was helded. I shoot the 49er class right now still working on my shooting skills so I can move up to classic cowboy. It will be a while before I get to there as I need to save up and buy a hammer shot gun of course a vest and wrist cuff's those no problem but the shotgun may take a while. lol

·
Registered
739 Posts
Classic Cowboy would be cool, but then I couldn’t use a Blackhawk or .38s.
There is some pretty tough competition around here in Classic category too!
One is Black Tom and another is Deadman Walking who became a friend and has a great collection of firearms. He even has a set of S&Ws in 44Russian from around 1880.
I would add a picture of them but this is your post and I wouldn't impose. I don't belong to a club either but I am thinkin about joinin up with the outfit at Hooten.
Send more pics, Please!

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Drumer if you want to post a picture or two please feel free to do so. I don't believe we're like that here. At least I am not, I am sure we all would love to see the pictures. I know I would for sure.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
+1
i would like to see the pics as well...............

·
Registered
739 Posts
Thanks for the invite. OK here is a picture I found on the net with me on the left and Deadman Walking in the background on the right next to the Port-O-Let. Also a picture I took of Deadman Walking and one with his S&W ‘Model 3’ in 44-Russian. And a picture of the 07 Ladies Kentucky State Overall Champeen. See for Overall Champeen, you get a pair of overalls for the prize! She is also wearing an End Of Trail buckle at her back she got for winning a few classes there. For those that do not know, End Of Trail is like the World Series of Single Action Shooting Society shootouts.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
[Yes they are thanks for sharing them with us.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts