Gunner Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we are allowed only 1 in israel.
no matter how i try my g19 gen 2, which i have for 25 years is too big to be on me all day. tried all alien gear holsters.
should i replace to p365 or vp9sk?
which is better, set money aside as this will likely hold with me till i die OR stick w beloved g19
thx

· Administrator
12,144 Posts
I think the P365 is the best compromise for both carry and for the nightstand. They are in their second generation now and are as reliable as you G19. At 17.8 oz the P365 is about 5 oz lighter, 1 1/2" shorter in length, 3/4" shorter in height, and 1/4" thinner. Sounds like a win, win plus you can get extended mags for nightstand or carry as a spare.

Why don't you post up an introduction in the new user section. It would be interesting to hear of life in Israel.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the P365 is the best compromise for both carry and for the nightstand. They are in their second generation now and are as reliable as you G19. At 17.8 oz the P365 is about 5 oz lighter, 1 1/2" shorter in length, 3/4" shorter in height, and 1/4" thinner. Sounds like a win, win plus you can get extended mags for nightstand or carry as a spare.

Why don't you post up an introduction in the new user section. It would be interesting to hear of life in Israel.
Hi Terry, thanks for your view.
In Israel, we don't have any gun culture, as someone from the US might think, as it is SO hard to get a pistol permit. I purchased my G19 Gen2 when I was in the military long ago (~1996) so my permit holds, but I cannot, under alomst any circumstances, acquire a 2nd small gun, so all the discussions of IF-I-CAN-Have-Only-1-Pistol are very relevant for us Israelis. The G19 is good for the end-of-the-world scenario, but far from being a convenient EDC. I have feelings for HK, I think it's called love, and looking for all the excuses to purchase a VP9SK.

· Registered
5,620 Posts
All I know of Israeli guns is IWI, Maglula, Uplula and Fobus being so innovative. We in the US would think that with the constant threats to Israel, your government would want the citizens to be well armed.

If I understand correctly, you have to surrender your G19 to get a different pistol? How are your laws regarding rifles? Are there limits with ammunition?

With the one gun limit, it must be difficult for a gun shop to have sufficient business.

So far as your choice between the two pistols, they are both fine quality. My opinion, I would consider the whole situation. Is there a difference in being to secure extra items like magazines and holsters? Is one gun easier than the other for getting repair? With those all being equal I would go with my heart. Having full confidence in your weapon is important.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no rifles allowed, I wouldn't carry one anyway.
I have to surrender my G19 if I want it replaced by a subcompact EDC style VP9SK or P365, which I can't decide if i want to do, as I can't apart from my G19 even with the EDC inconvenience.

· Administrator
12,144 Posts
Is there a risk if you gave up the Glock you won't be able to acquire another firearm right away? What are the carry laws like over there? Can you carry where you want or restrictions?

· Registered
11,523 Posts
udi, welcome aboard! not knowing your laws, one advantage of the P365 is the FCU which is the serialized module, so you can interchange grips, barrels and calibers and still keep it the same basic gun.

Reactions: udi and bearcatter
1 - 8 of 8 Posts