Gunner Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today is our anniversary - me and Richard. He gave me 2 dozen beautiful yellow roses which made me cry buckets. Poor guy didn't know what to say. I cried because I always used to share the flowers he brought me with my mom since she lived right across from us and my dad never brought her flowers cause that's not how he was. Her death has hit me hard and I'm surprised. She was 92 and suffered so much toward the end. I was ready to let go and thought I'd be fine. WRONG. I feel empty right now. She has always lived nearby - too close actually. Anyway, on with today. Once I patched up my eyes we went to P.F. Chang's for a great dinner and then to the movies. We saw Forgetting Sarah Marshall and it was a funny funny movie. Rich went to see it when he would have rather watched Leatherheads but he wanted to please me and he ended up laughing right along with me. I just needed to laugh and he understood that so I'm going to keep him around for yet another year. ;)

Our vacation was great. We visited our daughter and her family for a couple of days in NC (LOVE THOSE KIDS), we drove around Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia and Eastern Ohio. We saw a doe - so close I could have touched her but she turned and ran. My brother wondered how I knew it was a doe because the bucks antlers aren't out yet (something I didn't know). Didn't even know that they lose their antlers every year. So don't know if it was a she or a he. We saw some big fat turkeys and lots of turkey buzzards looking for food. Lots of wild life and many farms. I didn't think it would be as beautiful as it was but spring has sprung for sure. Met many nice folks that we gabbed with. Richard even did a little shopping with me. Got a personal tour through an old mill (upstairs, downstairs and basement). Met some real nice Amish people. I have an affinity for them for reasons unknown. I bought a text book about the Amish and devoured it. Learned a lot about them and I both agree and disagree. Somehow I feel they have hung onto some precious ways of being that many of us have lost or only have too little of now. We also drove along the eastern coast hoping to see the water. What fools we were. Nothing but one large building after another just like the waterfront in Florida. We did get to the beach a few times and Natalie finally got to see the OCEAN! I am in love with the sound of the waves, the birds, the wind and the awesome peacefulness. There were already surfers out there - I was not one of them. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Happy Anniversary Natalie. Sounds like a great trip and it's good to have you back. Know what you mean about the sounds of the ocean as I grew up at the beach in SoCal and as a teenager in the late 50's was one of those surfers out in the early mornings.

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Happy anniversary and many more Natalie! Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Glad you're back though. :)

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Sounds like you're living the good life...and got a good partner to share it with!!! I once got to feed seagulls with my hand...their wings brushed my hand as they gently took the food from my fingers....awesome....never been that close to a deer...that was a kiss from God....the price of loving much is hurting and missing much when we're apart for awhile....but I'd rather have that hurt than miss that love...God will comfort you in the most wonderful ways...
I've always loved the gentleness of the Amish and their family values and closeness...some of their doctrine is not mine, but I think they'd make great neighbors and you'd be able to leave your rake in the yard and your garage door open....that part would be great....

It's so very good to have our Natalie back....happy anniversary and the rest of the year, too....

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Yea Sheepdog, My cousins & I used to feed the seagulls off the ferry from Galveston to Port Bolivar. We'd put a little tabasco sauce on a craker toss it up, then watch'm dive for the water! Boy, I just get all warm inside when I think of those cherished childhood memories! :twisted:

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
happy anniversary!

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guy for all the nice wishes. My husband blesses me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts