Gunner Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
11,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Prompted by a recent discussion on a FB chat session I searched and reviewed several videos. I found this one particularly interesting since he specifically pointed out how dangerous they are and prompted me to duplicate the process.

How can a P320s fire un-commanded? AKA P320 fires while in its holster? - Bing video

What he fails to do, and what I did was re-assemble the pistol and see if you get the same result! You do not! When lightly pulling the trigger you hat a spot that requires about a 5# pull to fire the gun. If you follow his demo you will hear an audible cliick when the sear releases, this does not happen when assembled

I also measured trigger and guard, 3/8" & 1/2" respectively, and inserted grip only into a Safariland and Serpa holster to check for any possible obstructions.

The Truth About Guns has a good link as well:

About Those SIG P320 Lawsuits . . . - The Truth About Guns

I did find it interesting that mainly, Police out of all the thousands of guns sold, have the problem.

I hope you SIG folks find this informative. I know my P320 is safe when handled safely!

· Administrator
12,144 Posts
My thought on the Sig P320 is if you don't pull the trigger it won't fire.

Police typically seek to use non-lethal methods to apprehend someone or stop a threat. I think some spend more time on conditioning and strength than firearm proficiency. In short, many often aren't that good with a firearm. Now if someone broke into my home mano-mano is the absolute last option and it would likely be a barking P320 that would stop the threat.

· Registered
11,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Same here. My neighbor was trained SWAT and trained a lot but my Detective friend only fired his to qualify once a year and admittedly was not a shooter. According to the currant Big City city councils police should focus on social services, not police functions.

Reactions: bearcatter

· Administrator
12,144 Posts
Most smaller town forces have guys that are proficient as they have been around guns most of their lives. Sort of like the military we had guys that could shoot a rifle and guys that do so with extreme difficulty. I remember we were shooting for practice and shooting man sized targets at 25 yards. Two of us were bored so we started shooting at the target stand of a guy that was having trouble hitting a silhouette at that distance. We were on each side of him. Eventually the stand collapsed and the cadre called a cease fire and started yelling at the kid that couldn't shoot. It was really hard not to laugh.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts