Gunner Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally completed my first ever pistol modification, not counting revolver grip changes over the years.

My base was my Sig P320C 9MM Compact in FDE with a Black slide. My goal was to change the grip module to a Wilson Combat grip and stay with the two tone but WC only offered Tan and de to the long back order finally went with the basic black. The WC module raises the grip (lowers the slide) for less felt recoil and better control and also slightly cganges the grip angle. I have always noted a difference and had to adjust / compensate when switching from my M&P9 or P22p to the P320C and felt this might be the answer.

First step was realizing I had a first gen P320C so I had to switch out the Mag base plates with gen two base plates, the difference being tapered side tabs instead of square. Easy Peasy!

Second step was to follow the very simple and easy video instructions on the WC web site. But, they do not consider folks with Fumble Thumbs and Arthritic hands, LOL! For the life of me, I could not remove (the first time) the take down lever. Wifie said "let me try". Cwap, no problem! Proceeded with the process with no problem but very tight fit, reassembled, pulled trigger, NO CLICK! Oops! Disassembled and reassembled but still the same problem.

Called tech support and they suggested lightly sanding down a couple of spots, might e binding.

Sanded and reassembled and same problem. Hmm? Said to self, maybe we need to insert a mag. Woops! Mag won't go all the way in, Houston, we have a problem!

Called WC tech support and after going through the process again suggested a local gunsmith or maybe the module was defective an I could return it.

By this time I had been through the process 5 or 6 times so decided to reassemble the original and gee, same issues! Problem is definitely with the fire control unit and not the module so I reassembled the WC module with the intent of taking it to the local gunsmith, BUT! Wifie said "can I look at it!" Sure I said. She turned it over in her hands a couple of times and popped the mag in and pulled the trigger and it fired! Her comment, "what's the problem!" GRRRRR!

I am going to take her out for a nice dinner! My brother suggested I give her the gun! LOL
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Technology
Trigger Bumper Bicycle part Automotive exterior Gun barrel
Trigger Bumper Bicycle part Automotive exterior Gun barrel

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
You got a sharp better half there ! If like most women, she won't let you forget it, either..:rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: SmittyJ

·
Registered
11,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Suspect it was hanging up just a little on the trigger bar spring.
Yep, that was it but could not figure out why. All was fine until I would install the take-down lever. Guess it all worked out!

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
On my Guardians, they call the trigger bar the drawbar and the spring is L shaped with a two turn coil in the bend. A hooked end attaches to the drawbar. The spring rubs the magazine when you pull the trigger. The forum has 2-3 posts about the hooked leg breaking. So, that's pretty rare, but I wish it was a regular coil spring design.

·
Registered
11,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update!
Got in some trigger time this weekend , more than pleased with the P320C and the Wilson Combat mod. 15 rounds into a 2" x 1" stick at about 7 yards, amazed myself! Needless to say I couldn't be more please! Wish I would have had some actual targets with me. With Sig's, and S&W"s, Combat setup sighting, front dot on POA, it was easy to line up on the horizontal target, and the grip felt so natural, with recoil like a push rather than a kick.

The Shield Plus, on the other hand, was pretty snappy and was more of a 6" circle.

Everything worked flawlessly with both guns except with the first mag load in the Shield. It wold not load from, and I am assuming, one of the new 12 round mags until I popped a round out. Never had that problem before. Could be I had only loaded 12 before though.

I was using up some of my old 115gr Sellier & Beloit ammo for both. Normal EDC is 124gr quality defense ammo of some brand,generally Speer or Hornady but also like Sig so I have to get in some quality trigger time with that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts