Gunner Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Masked marauders

A pair of raccoons race Wednesday morning across the front steps of a home, 669 First Ave. E.N., in Kalispell while roaming the neighborhood south of Lawrence Park. Raccoons are not native to western Montana, but have spread through most of the state during the past 40-50 years, following riparian corridors, according to the Montana Department of Fish, Wildife and Parks Web site.

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
All the hungry people in the Appalachians, and our wise government spends who knows how much building "riparian corridors" for raccoons to travel...cute pics....they make wonderful pets until around 6 months....then the wild hits and they literally destroy a house....

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I've got them little critters arond my house every night. I have to leave them a bowl of water out during the droughts we have or the chew up my garden hoses trying to get a drink. :lol:

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
We're in a subdivision and the town is eatin' slowly at the woods...my work buddy had a family under his deck last year...they'd pat at the screen door till she'd go out and feed them grapes...she was broken-hearted when they went back to the wild....they're smart little fellers....

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
Wait until distemper gets em, then their not so cute, stumbaling around, snapping at everything. It ain't pretty.

We hunt them with dogs up here.

Last year my BIL and I were getting $15-$25 for prime pelts.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
no shortage of em down here!!!

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Deputy...ain't seen one for sale in years...I take it JC Penney ain't the source....

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
We used to have those problems with ***** and possum.

#1 thing I will describe to a therapist: my father wandering around in his underpants with a rifle in the middle of the suburbs, searching for that g.d. possum

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Did he get the possum? Down here, you grab gun, ammo, light, boots, and go for it...clothes is optional and unneccessary....the critter won't wait for you to dress and won't be able to tell what he saw....plus he'll give away his hidin' place gigglin'.....

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
"Dad, are you really going to fire that .300 here?"

Same guy once took birdshot to a neighbors dog, from the kitchen table, without putting down his fork. Just slid the door open behind him and stuck that single-six out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts