Gunner Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Opening with one taken by my then-gf in Paris, France back in 2005 of Notre Dame. I'll post subsequent pictures of The Eiffel Tower, Arc De Triomphe and other landmarks soon. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shawn, we took the Eurostar train from London to Paris and spent a week there sightseeing. EuroDisney we did also, and IIRC, it's about 10 -15 miles outside of Paris. I liked it but enjoyed the landmarks in and around Paris much more. Though that's the most graffiti-tagged city I've ever been to, surprisingly. :eek:

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And here's two of the legs of the Eiffel Tower. You can see the lines where you enter to go to the elevators. We were there fairly early so there weren't a whole lot of people at that time. :)

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Here's a stupid question for ya. Are the elevators set at slants to go up the legs? :?

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nah, the only stupid question is the one they say people don't ask.. lol And yep, you're right.. they do go right up the sides and then it goes to the middle section. Once there, you get off that elevator and onto another that takes you up the 'neck' of the tower, all the way to the top. :D

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
I bet the view is great. I won't ever know because I won't leave the country. I don't know what the country would do without me. :roll:

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
This is the first time I have ever seen a picture that puts the size of that tower in perspective...Wow, that sucker is big. Even if I went there, I wouldn't go up there...me and height don't get along real well.....

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Shawn, here is one of the view from the very top of the tower. Pretty awesome looking huh?

Wizard, it's still pretty darn amazing from the ground. LOL I stood under it and looked up for a very long time. :lol:

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I hope to go to Vegas sometime since I've never been there. Then I can go to the top of the fake Eiffel Tower too and be able to say I've been on both. :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts