Gunner Forum banner

Possible change of heart.....

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Wizard 
#1 ·
I have always believed a holster should only be made from fine leather. With the ratio of Polymer to Steel guns increasing in my modest arsenal, I am seriously considering a Blackhawk Serpa level 2 for my XD. Just to add fuel to this fire, I have be waiting since August 21, for a Don Hume 721 open top for my P226.....that's lunacy to have to wait that long from Hume....if it was Milt Sparks or one of the other custom shops, then I realize it would be 6 months or better, but Hume is not a custom shop.....

Anyway, think I'm gonna order the Serpa, and try it out.....

#2 ·
I have a cheap Unkle Mikes Kydec (plastic) paddle holster for my P89. While it's not the most concealable holster ever made (sticks out to far) it is nice to wear. You can angle them how ever you want, and the paddle makes taking the holster on and off fast. The gun goes in and out of the holster fast, and is secure once it's in there. The blackhawk holsters are NICE. Don't sell the plastic holsters short, they work well.

#5 ·
...I been dealin' with Hume since 71---I think they have a policy which says somethin' like "We will skin no cow before it's time...it's time!!!" You'll love it longer than you waited for it...

I want some Kydex for strong side waist carry...someone makes some thin, light stuff and it lays real close...now I forget who...want one for my P90 for the winter...

#6 ·
I already have two Humes, one 721 OT and one IWB...I really do like these holsters. I just finished ordering the Serpa for my XD-45, and while I was at it, I ordered one for my 1911..... :lol: ....I tried one in one of the fun shops a few weeks ago, and liked it.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.