Discussion Starter #1
"Praise The Lord And Pass The Ammunition"
By Jerry Ahern
Apr 12, 2008 - 4:57:40 PM

Email this article
Printer friendly page
Advertisement
SHOP ONLINE FLYER
I just realized that Sharon and I must be bitter. After all, we live in a small town which, at one time, like many towns in Northeast Georgia, was a textile manufacturing center. The jobs went overseas. And, although we don’t go to church very often these days, we did attend church last Sunday, along with the great majority of our family, for our youngest grandchild’s Baptism. And. I pray for lots of people. Let’s see. Small town, check. Next up, loss of industry to foreign workers, yes. Religion. Yes. And, of course, Sharon and I are staunch supporters of the Second Amendment and rarely go anywhere when we are not armed. We’ve got the guns thing nailed. So, if Barack Obama is right – well, he’d never be RIGHT, so let’s say “correct,” instead – Sharon and I are bitter.

Actually, we are a little bitter. Barack Obama is a serious contender for the Presidency. That’s insane. Yeah, he’s an okay looking guy, he has a truly terrific speaking voice and his remarks are sufficiently vacuous that he’s as slick as greased Teflon. In that respect, he’s very much like the other Democratic contender, and her husband. On the Republican side, what have we got? We have a solitary candidate who is a compromise, at best. Sharon and I will vote for John McCain and support him to the hilt because John McCain is not Mr. Obama, nor is he Mrs. Clinton. That is the very best I can say about him, and that is way more than enough. If we really wanted the best person for the job, we’d elect Dr. Rice. But, she’s not running. That’s a shame.

If the American people elect Mr. Obama or Mrs. Clinton, that means that the electorate is out of its mind. But, even crazier is the idea that somehow by staying home on the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November and not voting for John McCain because he isn’t this enough or that enough, something positive is being accomplished. Any kind of a protest vote just helps to insure that Mr. Obama or Mrs. Clinton will have at least four years to thoroughly trash as much of the Bill of Rights as possible, hike the taxes on everybody, put businesses out of business with mounds and mounds more of regulations and restrictions and higher taxes on profits, and tell our enemies in the global terrorist network that it’s time to attack because our defenses are down and, when things get a little tough, the only direction in which we get going is out of town.

Yes, Mr. Obama has a fine speaking voice. Maybe he can get a radio program or something. He doesn’t have any experience at that, but a lack of experience doesn’t seem to bother him. It should. I hope that Mr. Obama and Mrs. Clinton both have lovely and happy lives, neither of which includes filling out a change of address card to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. The prospect of Mr. Obama or Mrs. Clinton as President should make anyone feel bitter. Stop the madness; vote for McCain.

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Yeah, it are...I tried to convince a young man the other day to vote for McC to keep a Dem from getting it...his mind was made up-he was gonna "show 'em"....just what the Damocratic party wants....every no-voter is automatically voting for the Donkey...whichever rider is on it......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts