Gunner Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some reloaders don't clean their primer pockets but I like mine clean. I've been using a RCBS hand tool but its slow & leaves my arthritic hands & wrists aching. I'm looking for some thing I can chuck in a drill or dremel. I've read several articals that mention everthing from tiny dremel brushes to a piece of #6 braded copper elec. wire stripped back 1/4" & chucked in a drill.

The RCBS hand tool just doesn't get into the corner real good without a lot of scrubbing. I've had a few issues with high primers in the past & traced it to the cleaner not getting into the corner well enough.

Just wondering what ya'll use.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
i still use old lyman and lee brush sets.

have not used one, but from what i understand, lyman has a hand powertool set-up sililar to a dremmel tool with appropriate tools for case preperation.

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
I used a hand-held brush that was round....I think I only used it once or twice...long as the flash hole was open....if I were to use a Dremel, I'd use a wool-like slug of material...a brass brush moving that fast...might take off the material too quick, I don't know...you guys sure make me miss reloading...I see a shed inthe yard someday...sure ain't gonna happen in my garage......

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
I ordered a power brush fromvirbra shine. they sent me apower trickler instead. Ya can't call them as they don't have a number on their web cite. This was last month so once I contacted them through their web cite they advised me that they would send a pick up slip from ups to pick the power trickler up and would send me the power brush. Great that was on the 1 st of the month, I got the pick up slip this pasted Friday. I was going to send the power trickler back until I got the power brush. Well there was a phone number on the pick-up slip I called them today, they told me that once they get the power trickler back they will send the power brush to me. They did asure me that they do want to fix this, since they use pay pal I can't dispute the charge to my credit card and leave them holding the bag so to speak.
I don't care for their customer service nor will I do business with them again, if there product works like their custmor service has treated me then I have just wasted 30 bucks.
At any rate I will not recomd them to anyone.

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
I miss the old companies that say "Sure, we can do that".....now they tell you ten things they can't do....times sure have changed......

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
I've been using the little Lee hand tool. I don't always clean the pockets. I've noticed that the larger calibers seem to be cleaner after tumbling than the smaller ones.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Deadeye, I still use my RCBS hand tool with the interchangable brushes. Lyman makes a set-up with different tools to trim case mouth, clean case necks and primer poctets that I may have to get one day. It's their Power Trimmer item #7862005. Pretty handy.
My hands are starting to have the same problems as yours. Can't hold on to a screwdriver like I use to.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
I'm gonna assume that you are using the cleaner that has two brush sets with a handle, if so, load the brush in your drill motor and clean away. That's what I do.

Molon Labe

Kim

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
kim said:
I'm gonna assume that you are using the cleaner that has two brush sets with a handle, if so, load the brush in your drill motor and clean away. That's what I do.

Molon Labe

Kim
Thats exactly what I did. I didn't think about it till later, but it works good.

I deprimed & reprimed 400rds. of .45Colt brass last night so I'm off to the bench tonight to load some hog loads for .45Colt. I've settled on 21.5gns. of H110 pushing a 300gr. XTP.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Don't waste your money on the vibra shine as ya get really old waitin for it to clean a primer pocket, and that is a small primer pocket by the way. A large one well in 2525 if man is still a live ya may get one cleaned.

·
Administrator
11,907 Posts
I used the RCBS screw in pocket cleaner and was able to chuck it in my Dewalt forward of the threads so I used that and cleaned about 150 cases in 20 minutes. It worked excellent.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.