Gunner Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey friends. I wanted to share this with you, it's a video I've been working on for a while and it's finally done. Project Healing Waters is a great organization and I'm privileged to be on the Board of Directors as vice president of communications. We help wounded warriors with their physical therapy and emotional healing through the teaching of fly fishing and fly tying. I do not hesitate to say that working with these men and women is one of the most rewarding things I've ever done.

Anyway, a songwriter named Sam Tate had an encounter with a recently wounded and returned soldier out west, and the meeting inspired the song in this video. He gave us permission to use it, and I set it to a slideshow of photos taken at various events of the last year or so.

So enjoy the video, and visit http://www.projecthealingwaters.org if you like. And if you ever wore the uniform, I admire, salute, and owe you.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9p1z2eOk9xw

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Fantastic Eddie. Wonderful vid and great project.

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
Eddie, the url took me to the site but I didn't hear any music or see a movie. However, was I impressed! How did this begin? Does all the donated money go for helping our veterans? I'd like to know more about it. This is a great thing you are doing. Does your blog section tell more? I just did a quick look around.

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
It's about time!!! What a project...that makes thank you more than easy words......I'll be nosin' 'round over there.....didja see the pic I had my computer-articulate son post for me....fits your project theme well.......thanks for the heads-up!!!

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Very well done Eddie! The video is great! The song is great! The cause is great!

Thank you. :)

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
I'm goin' back in for another peek-see. I missed something.

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Natalie the video is in the youtube link on the bottom of the post. I missed it earlier. :lol:

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
Thanks Bountyhunter. I'm all better now.

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
Cast&Blast - now I understand your new name. I just watched the movie and heard the song. It brought tears to my eyes. Those young men gave up so much for us. These men are in your heart and you in theirs. You understand what it is to love. You and the others that do this with you bless this world.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone.

This weekend is sort of a spring icebreaker event where 8 or 10 guys from Walter Reed are coming down to this farm in Virginia to fish. Very casual atmosphere, but I'll get to spend the day with one of the wounded, helping him tie flies on, get untangled, find fish, cast, whatever he (or she) needs. I've done a lot of work for this organization, but these kinds of days are infrequent for me, to work with them hands on. I'm really looking forward to it. I'll take pictures (of course) and post some here.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Eddie- All I can say is WOW!. I admire you for your work in this organization. Great job.

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
Eddie Wow, good work

1 - 15 of 15 Posts