Gunner Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
ya got me courious so i went to the starline site and did some lookin'. under the product description catagory i did not see 9+ as a headiner but did see 45acp+-------clicked on it and found that both the 9mm+p and the 45acp+p brass descriptions.

There is a difference in the 45 but no difference in the 9mm construction---here are some copy and pastes from the site

9MM+P has no difference from the standard 9mm Luger other than headstamp designation for load segregation. Due to standard case design, will handle +P pressures with no problems.
45 Auto+P is a strengthened version of the 45 Auto with the same external dimensions. A thicker web and heavier sidewall at base strengthens the case in potentially unsupported areas. This case has approximately 2 grains less internal capacity than the standard 45 Auto
for tickles and grins, i also checked on the good ole' 38 spl
38 SPL+P has no difference from the standard 38 SPL, other than headstamp designation for load segregation. Due to standard case design, will handle +P pressures with no problems
so it looks like the 45acp+p stuff is built stronger and there is a real difference there, while the 38 and 9mm +p stamped stuff is just a designation on the brass to seperate your loads by visual inspection as there is no difference in case design.............

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.