Gunner Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
11,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Quote of the day from our esteemed friend Sir Charles Barkley:"

"Poor people have been voting for Democrats for the last 50 years............and they are still poor."

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Had a poor black man come into my pawn shop to make a pawn before the Bush/Gore election...he asked me if I was gonna vote for Gore...I told him clearly NO....he said "I'm afraid that Mr. Bush will take away my programs..," I asked him if he had a son...yes....how old...21....if his son came to him wanting a new car, would he buy him one or tell him to go out and earn one......earn one....I said OK, the Dems are with their "programs" putting a food bowl out on the back porch, doling out food to the hungry puppies....just enough to keep them coming back and voting for them every election....but not telling them that there's steak on the table inside to be had just by working for it and getting their noses out of the food bowl long enough to earn it.......and the old man marvelled at that...and said he was going to go tell his son..........if the politicians (not just the Dems) would concentrate on the opportunities in this country and talk the country up, not each other down, folks would get a fire in their bellies and rise up and make this nation great again....

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
sheepdog said:
Had a poor black man come into my pawn shop to make a pawn before the Bush/Gore election...he asked me if I was gonna vote for Gore...I told him clearly NO....he said "I'm afraid that Mr. Bush will take away my programs..," I asked him if he had a son...yes....how old...21....if his son came to him wanting a new car, would he buy him one or tell him to go out and earn one......earn one....I said OK, the Dems are with their "programs" putting a food bowl out on the back porch, doling out food to the hungry puppies....just enough to keep them coming back and voting for them every election....but not telling them that there's steak on the table inside to be had just by working for it and getting their noses out of the food bowl long enough to earn it.......and the old man marvelled at that...and said he was going to go tell his son..........if the politicians (not just the Dems) would concentrate on the opportunities in this country and talk the country up, not each other down, folks would get a fire in their bellies and rise up and make this nation great again....
My God, Sheepdog. What a brilliantly simple dose of wisdom. Well done. Man's best friend indeed. :)

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
sheepdog said:
Very well said! Wish my brain were wired like yours. You have the gift of WISDOM my friend.

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
If so, it's a gift, sure weren't in my jeans........give God the credit for my good points and blame the bad points on de debbil....whatever you do, don't say they're my fault....nnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Life is short and its a shame that many learn far to late in life that you need to work for what you it may not be much but at least you earned it. Anything you have earned you cheeris more than what is handed out.
I once had to put in for unemployment it like to killed me to do that, When I finally got the check I couldn't cash it. I know it was my right but it just made me feel hollow and low inside. I returned that check and told them they do with it as they saw fit and have never looked back since. Thanks for this thread I needed to see that bit of history of me. I am ever so glad that I had that experance as it saved me from holding my hand out.

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Hey Snuffy---someone who's given your life on the line so much so often so long and won't take help when you need it....the next guy won't hit a lick at a snake and rides on that govt. teat all his life....tells you what a man is (or isn't) made of...we're proud of you for reaching and gettin' it for yourself...but it's our money there to help you if you need it...and plenty of yours, by the way...don't be hungry and cold by being too proud to accept it if you ever need it....it goes round in a circle and if you don't use it, some no-good slimeball will....I'd really rather see you get it, Pardner.....

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Thanks sheepdog, all is good I am living good. Got a good life these days and some really good friends here and making new ones in Cowboy Action Shooting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts