Gunner Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who takes a dedicated first aid kit to the range? What do you have in it?

My kit is in a water-proof bag and the only items in the bag are first aid related.

Gloves
Basic band aids, medical tape, larger square band aid pads in a zip lock bag
Large Sterile non stick pads
Sterile rolled gauze rolls of various sizes & widths
Pressure bandages
Clotting sponges
Celox
SAM splints
Steri strips
Disposable skin stapler
Sissors

·
Administrator
10,960 Posts
I carry band aids where ever I go as I take blood thinners and my skin is about the consistency of cheap toiler paper. I have a small kit in the truck that has a few more things but mostly more band aids.

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
Well, I have electrical tape in my car tool box, maybe a couple of band-aids in my wallet, and a few clean napkins in a door pocket.....:-D

For a shooting accident, maybe assorted sizes of corks would be handy..., you know, like .22 corks, .45 corks.....:roll:

Skin stapler?.... ouch!.....We could guess you'd like to play Nurse...........:eek:

·
Registered
11,167 Posts
I carry a pretty hefty first aid kit in my truck at all times.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I have electrical tape in my car tool box, maybe a couple of band-aids in my wallet, and a few clean napkins in a door pocket.....:-D

For a shooting accident, maybe assorted sizes of corks would be handy..., you know, like .22 corks, .45 corks.....:roll:

Skin stapler?.... ouch!.....We could guess you'd like to play Nurse...........:eek:
any excuse will do :)

I just added another item, plastic wrap for a sucking chest wound.

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
any excuse will do :)

I just added another item, plastic wrap for a sucking chest wound.
Do you think you'd be better at treating this damage, or causing it?....:roll:...Your selection of items shows you have some medical training?

Seriously, a first-aid kit is an excellent item for the range. My range is limited in not even having water available. At least there's a rescue squad ten minutes away at the bottom of the mountain.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you think you'd be better at treating this damage, or causing it?....:roll:...Your selection of items shows you have some medical training?

Seriously, a first-aid kit is an excellent item for the range. My range is limited in not even having water available. At least there's a rescue squad ten minutes away at the bottom of the mountain.
Ten minutes is a long time if blood is pumping out of a wound & 10 mins is on a good day if they aren't already away on another call.

Yes a bit of medical.;)

This could save your life!

;)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAxBw5rjNsI

·
Super Moderator
4,295 Posts
I have long suspected that our Sightngrl does not really work at Walmart as a greeter. I have a hunch that she knows her way around an emergency room or trauma unit.

·
Administrator
10,960 Posts
Well I learned something thanks to SNG. I looked up Celox as I had no idea what it was and think it is something I need to have nearby.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I learned something thanks to SNG. I looked up Celox as I had no idea what it was and think it is something I need to have nearby.
Buy Celox hemostatic granules too. If you have a family member on blood thinners, the granules are a must have. (I see you are on blood thinners)

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
That's some pretty neat stuff. I had never heard of Celox before.
Always kept Blood Stop around though, that was originally bought for denuttin bull calves.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Sightngrl....how does the surgeon clean that stuff out of the wound?

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Debride...???
Is that like a divorce....no more bride?

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
They could use a bore brush, and plug it with the right caliber cork...:eek:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts