Gunner Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any differences between the 5.5" Redhawk that I own and the new 4" Redhawks? Is it just the barrel length? Can the wood panels be used on the new ones?

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I think I read that there are some minor internal differences that Ruger did to improve the trigger. Externally they are the same. I took off the houge grips & put some wood panels on that i got on ebay.

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, guys. I didn't know you had the 4" RH, Deadeye. How do you like it? How does it shoot? I'd like to put a 4" barrel on my 45 Colt. I don't know if Ruger will do it or not. They are so anal sometimes. :roll:

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
From the guy that cant keep his hands off of a thing he owns, get the 4” 45, the 51/2” is worth more like it is,like my 41 they stopped making them years ago. :)

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't think I can afford to buy a 4". :?

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
Save, save, save, sell the 380 or something, they will be around for a long time, jmho

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I might have that shot gun sold. If I do I could get the 4" I guess.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Bountyhunter said:
Thanks, guys. I didn't know you had the 4" RH, Deadeye. How do you like it? How does it shoot? I'd like to put a 4" barrel on my 45 Colt. I don't know if Ruger will do it or not. They are so anal sometimes. :roll:
I've posted several pics & talked about it in several threads around here. Where have you been? :roll:

I love it! It stays next to my bed, loaded with Hydro-Shocks. It's in a Man's caliber ya know, .44Mag! :p

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I like it. Was the grip panel swap easy or did you have to do anything to make them fit?

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Bountyhunter said:
Well I like it. Was the grip panel swap easy or did you have to do anything to make them fit?
No they fit right on no mods necessary. The hogues are a little tricky to get off, you have to use the little wedge tool that comes with the gun. But once you get them off the wood grip panels slap right on.

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Man I want one. I haven't even seen one around here for sale. :?

·
Administrator
11,367 Posts
The 4" in 44 mag go fast. I sold a bunch of stuff I had around and had the cash raised and used it to pay bills when things got tight this summer. I need another stimulus check and if not next spring it's happening. They wholesale for $548 plus shipping so figure $575 as the wholesale price.

When I get it that will be my 4" 44 Special as well.

D/E:

Do you stoke it with 44 Mag's for the nightstand or 44 Spl?

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Terry_P said:
The 4" in 44 mag go fast. I sold a bunch of stuff I had around and had the cash raised and used it to pay bills when things got tight this summer. I need another stimulus check and if not next spring it's happening. They wholesale for $548 plus shipping so figure $575 as the wholesale price.

When I get it that will be my 4" 44 Special as well.

D/E:

Do you stoke it with 44 Mag's for the nightstand or 44 Spl?
.44 Mags.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My first post here. I just picked this up yesterday and wanted to show it off. The Hogues are coming off and being replaced with some nice wood from BountyHunter, thanks again Shawn.

4", .44 Mag

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Great gun! It's going to look fantastic with the wood on it. :)

Welcome to the forum. :D

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
...the year is new and BH's already lost his grip...twice....life's hard......welcome, IanNH....you're gonna have a lotta fun here...great Redhawk!!!!

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Oh yeah! That gun looks so much better with the wooden panels. I like feel too. Kind of like a Bisley. :cool:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts