Gunner Forum banner

Remington 700 recall?

5K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  tx gun runner 
#1 ·
Do any of y'all have a newer model 700 that is affected by the recall?
Mine is and is being sent back this coming week.

Just curious….

Thinking about getting a new trigger for it once I get it back….

#3 ·
Yea, I know.
I've had a couple people tell me to just do a new trigger.
But. Well, I'd rather just send it back and let them do whatever they need to do, that way I know I'm covered.

#5 ·
Well, I've fired one or a long range rifle with a 1.5 pound trigger…
Not that I want a 1.5 pound trigger, but something a little better than the stock trigger.

I can tell you that the Timney 3# trigger I have in my CORE15 is freakin' awesome.
Something to be said about aftermarket triggers. :)

#6 ·
I can't tell you anything about the new triggers but the old one are the best . I had the original drawing and letter between Remington and Sweeny [ who designed the trigger ] and there is no better trigger made . My XP pistol I made into a rifle below I put a 700 Remy trigger in it and made it into 2 oz target trigger . I'm with Remy If it is adjust correctly it will go off by accidently . The other thing is why are they pointing a LOADED gun at someone anytime . But putting a safety on or off and pointing at someone don't make good sense to me . That is why 99% of the story you hear are BS and made up in my opinion .

#7 ·
I agree. Have Remington take care of it, even if you do decide to add a replacement trigger. Having had the warranty work done is a big plus should you ever decide to sell or trade.

I started out with a Remington 700 and, later, a 788, way back n the day. These days, though, all my centerfire bolts are CZs or new production Winchester 70s.

#12 ·
Got it back on Monday.
I've put the bipod & scope back on, but need to get to the range with it (& some loctite) and check/re-zero & make sure all is where I want it to be.

I think next on my list is a new trigger, something along the lines of 1-1.5 pounds. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.