Gunner Forum banner

remington mylon 12

6K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  tx gun runner 
#1 ·
recently came into a remington nylon 12.........which is the bolt action version of the remington nylon 66.

it will go bang which is good...........but the inner mag assembly is missing along with the front sight. gun was neglected and collecting dust for a long time.

may try to see what i can do with her.....no parts available at gun parts corp but i may try jack first later on...........

if worse comes to worse, i will have an inner tube spring and follower installed by a smith on the mag tube and just scope it.

sure seems like a nice little carbine.

#5 ·
yes sir...........there is a whole family of the nylon series out there some where.......... http://www.chuckhawks.com/rem_nylon_rifles.htm

this is the one and only nylon bolt of the series i have ever seen.....

i have seen two lever nylon 76's a long time back and of course have seen a boat load of the nylon 66 auto loaders....

one would think this design would still be cost effective..........guess not.

most folks i know who have owned the nylon 66 series swear by them and not at them.....

i think there was also a copy-cat 66 floating around...."black beauty"?????that was an F.I.E. import i think with black stock and chrome everywhere else.

i bet JW has one.....or 2 or 3............;)

#4 ·
...they made the Apache in black, the Mohawk in brown...I had the Apache...I forget the numbers...is yours black or brown??? Din't that have a buttstock feed tube similar to the one that used to be under the barrel???? is that spring the problem or do you have a detachable clip that goes forward of the trigger guard???

#11 ·
spanky

recently came into a remington nylon 12.........which is the bolt action version of the remington nylon 66.

it will go bang which is good...........but the inner mag assembly is missing along with the front sight. gun was neglected and collecting dust for a long time.

may try to see what i can do with her.....no parts available at gun parts corp but i may try jack first later on...........

if worse comes to worse, i will have an inner tube spring and follower installed by a smith on the mag tube and just scope it.
WOULD YOU BY CHANCE STILL HAVE THIS OLD REMINGTON NYLON 12? I AM SEARCHING FOR THE REAR IRON SITE FOR ONE WITH THE 2 SCREWS. I SAW YOU WERE LOOKING TO PUT A SCOPE ON YOURS AND MOST SCOPES REQUIRE REMOVAL OF THE REAR SITE. LET ME KNOW. THANKS A
LOT, JEFF

sure seems like a nice little carbine.
See Jeff's question above

#13 ·
Jeff you may not get a reply from deputy125. He hasn't posted anything on this forum since February 2012. The date he posted this thread was July 2011.
I hope you do find the rear sight you are looking for. And also welcome to the forum. Hope you take a look around and decide to stick around we are a small group and get along very well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.