Gunner Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I see this post about the $500 Remington R1 1911s is a bit dated, but I wonder if they still have them and the $364 DPMS ARs (wonder if they have AR10s. I'm not a fan of 5.56s, as they're little more than high powered .22s, and I'm not a fan of guns built on the AR platform, but, were I to get some kind of AR, it would be a DPMS, Armalite, KAC, and a couple more. And I much prefer the .308 to 5.56, so the AR10 for $364 is something I would have to get, as well as the Remington R1 for $500. For 1911 mags, I like Wilson, Chip MCCormick, and Colt mags (8 rounders, I mostly get Wilson 8 rounders with pads).

On the subject of 1911 mags, I'm sure everyone is aware that 1911 mags with feed lips that are even slightly bent will cause a lot of feed issues in 1911s, even the most expensive ones. That's why I look very carefully at milsurp 7 rounders that you find by the boatloads for cheap in gun stores and surplus places. If the feed lips are good and the follower springs are in good shape (and/or I can get lots of strong follower springs for a great deal) they make for excellent target practice mags and extra defense mags (tho I have plenty of good, high quality mags with good, strong follower springs for my "business"/defense mags if a 1911 is the gun closest to me if some intruder(s)/attacker(s) causes me to have to pop a 230gn Hydra Shok or 9 in their ass(es).

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
Jrot,

Welcome.
Why don't you post in the "New User Forum" and tell us about your self & post some pictures of your firearms collection.

Thanks for pointing out how important 1911 magazines are to overall pistol function.
They can be finicky, but sticking with name brands helps.

·
Registered
11,162 Posts
Jrot,

Welcome.
Why don't you post in the "New User" and tell us about your self & post some pictures of your firearms collection.

Thanks for pointing out how important 1911 magazines are to overall pistol function.
They can be finicky, but sticking with name brands helps.
+1

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
Here is a pic of my Para 1911. They were owned by the group that owns Remington. It come from the factory with a great trigger, fiber-optic front sight & an extended thump safety. I added the Hogue grip & after the pic added an extended slide release.

Attachments

21 - 24 of 24 Posts