Gunner Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I picked this up at Cabela's for $22 & it is great. The main reason was to remove the military crimp from .223 cases, but the deburring tools are much better that what I was using & I highly recommend it.

Conveniently store all your case-preparation tools inside a compact handle that’s easy to keep close at hand. Both ends of the knurled handle are threaded to allow simultaneous mounting of two tool heads. Each nonslip handle half can also be used individually and will accept any 8/32 threaded accessory. Kit includes a VLD (Very Low Drag) Inside Deburring Tool, Outside Deburring Tool, Large and Small Primer Pocket Cleaners, and Large and Small Primer Pocket Reamers.

http://media.midwayusa.com/productimages/880x660/Primary/135/135615.jpg

·
Registered
519 Posts
I like that. I use an RCBS deburing tool to remove primer crimps but that one looks easier to use. I do still reload a lot of .223 and I've found a deburring tool much easier and quicker than my RCBS primer pocket swager.

·
Registered
11,626 Posts
This is best crimp remove I have ever used . I've had I for over 30 yrs . No name on it and don't remember who made it or where I got it .

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Lyman tip that came with mine is the same. That's why I grabbed it, 6 different tools for $22:eek:

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
TGR, that does look like an easy to use tool. The wooden handle looks like what used to come on the Lyman tools before they went to plastic.

I can't see the tip real well in the Midway ad but do you think this might be a new version of yours?

http://ads.midwayusa.com/product/643126/lyman-primer-pocket-reamer-tool
KS95B40, I looked at that set, but they were over $50 & mine came with the same tool heads. It works great, I have tried all 6 tools & they are very easy to use.

·
Registered
519 Posts
KS95B40, I looked at that set, but they where over $50 & mine came with the same tool heads. It works great, I have tried all 6 tools & they are very easy to use.
Thanks for the info moakes, I am going to try one out next time I places Midway order.
TGR, I probably should try it sometime, especially since it seems that there are some really good deals to be had, but I have never bought anything off of eBay.

·
Registered
11,626 Posts
If you buy off Ebay look at vendors scoring that is important and I like to see address and phone in there ad . . Any bad report " PASS " . I only pay using PayPal for 2 reasons . One is PayPal guarantee the whole deal even shipping and they are the only one to have my Credit Card number . If I want to undo the deal Paypal help you if the vendor won't take it back . Paypal guns and ammo is a NO NO parts are OK . The other thing is if vendor is PayPal you just hit PayPal and all the paper work is filled in and done in 5 sec . I buy 2 thing off Ebay a week using PayPal for the over 20 Yrs with no problem . I got both Glock Lone Wolf target barrels New deliver to my door free and under $100 each and No tax using PayPal . :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the info moakes, I am going to try one out next time I places Midway order.

You won't regret it. It has 15 reviews on Cabela's & everyone positive.

Cabela's has the individual handle set for $57. I'm just cheap, but I want it to work & this works very well.:-D

·
Registered
11,626 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts