Gunner Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had their hands on one? Anyone own one? Kinda got the itch.

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ruger forum?:eek::eek::-D Thanx for the link Terry. My thoughts are similar to some in the thread, I want one, not sure why. I'll give it 6 months to work out the kinks and percolate in my mind as to why I need one.

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Didn't make it 6 months. Finally had one in my hand 4 days ago, fit too well to pass up. I wear XXL gloves, 11in from tip of thumb to tip of pinky finger when my hand is open. Finding a handgun thats comfortable is rare. I just wish I could own the 20 rnd version to utilize its full potential.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Didn't make it 6 months. Finally had one in my hand 4 days ago, fit too well to pass up. I wear XXL gloves, 11in from tip of thumb to tip of pinky finger when my hand is open. Finding a handgun thats comfortable is rare. I just wish I could own the 20 rnd version to utilize its full potential.
I never reckoned in all my born put togetherness I'd be a measurin that perticaler dimension, but I got 10 3/8". Prolly could'a got another 3/8" if I'da had a couple a stobs to push against, to bend'em back some more.

And, congratulations on the new 57!
I'll be interested to see how it works for you.

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Picked it up yesterday, looking it over closer today, reading the manual, disassembling and assembling, etc. The one thing I've noticed, and have never paid attention to before, are the 2 tapped holes on top of the slide for mounting a sight. The rear hole is centered, and the forward hole is slightly offset to the right. I fear this is going to be an issue should I decide to put a red dot of some variant on it, or is this by design? I know you folks have way more pistol experience than I do.

Actually saw in an embedded video in Terry's link that it is by design as his was as well. So whats the reason they're offset?

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Picked it up yesterday, looking it over closer today, reading the manual, disassembling and assembling, etc. The one thing I've noticed, and have never paid attention to before, are the 2 tapped holes on top of the slide for mounting a sight. The rear hole is centered, and the forward hole is slightly offset to the right. I fear this is going to be an issue should I decide to put a red dot of some variant on it, or is this by design? I know you folks have way more pistol experience than I do.

Actually saw in an embedded video in Terry's link that it is by design as his was as well. So whats the reason they're offset?
It looks like it might be so you'll have to buy their mounting plates.

https://www.shootingillustrated.com...wsletter&utm_medium=insider&utm_campaign=0320

1 - 10 of 10 Posts