Gunner Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
Your choosing the "RSI" is outstanding...there's something about th' full-length stock that just screams out "class act!" And th' .308 is outstanding altho' I, too, appreciate the .250 Savage cartridge.

Kinda want th' same...someday...in th' #! International, maybe in 7x57. I'm a "lefty" also and just don't do right-hand bolts well, with the exception of the Ruger 77/44, which has a very short action that I can operate without movin' the stock from my shoulder.

I use a #1 .308 now ( used but nice condition when I found it) with a fixed 4X. I watched n' waited for out-of-season sales on scopes and picked up a Zeiss Conquest fixed four power at a really cheap price. Like you, my effective range is gonna be under 300 yds or so, and th' combination of .308 and 4X will do all I need to do.

Kudos again on an outstanding choice and, heck, a little self-indulgence now n' then, well, that ain't such a bad thing!!!

Discussion starter · #22 ·
thanks! :D

The RSI No. 1's are indeed a sweet little carbine. And are more compact yet than the bolt RSI.

As for RH bolts..........i more or less always treated them as a "single shot" that has convenient built-in ammo storage. I don't think i ever held a left-hand bolt until i was about 40. The LH bolt was so awkard for me as i was use to RH bolts that i never seriously considered one again.

a No. 1 in 7 mauser would be an absolute fantastic all-around carbine..........now you got me a wishing!!! :lol:

I had the same feeling on the LH turn bolt, however I have a Swiss K31 that I installed a Buergin device (for us lefty shooters) & a left handed straight pull is definitely out of this world.

When I first saw the post I started to drool a bit then immediately went to the Ruger website to see if they offered an RSI in a left hand verion

Discussion starter · #24 ·
i've read and seen pics of that conversion but never held one...............purty smooth?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.