Gunner Forum banner

Ruger 77 series bolts temporarily discontinued

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  bearcatter 
#1 · (Edited)
I just got a Ruger email. It doesn't explain, just says: "This may be your LAST CHANCE to get one of these great rifles! There are limited opportuities left to purchase these rifles at retail. Head to your preferred local retailer today to see what is left in stock."

"May be your LAST CHANCE" is their capitals, and to me that sounds "may be" permanent. I wonder what is going on?

Dropping more steel and wood for more tin and plastic?

#2 ·
Wouldn't surprise me. Ruger 77s and 77/22s have always been a little pricey compared to the competition. Nice guns, to be sure, but never have been big sellers for Ruger and you're right about a dwindling market for wood and metal bolt guns. I suspect the less expensive Ruger American is a good seller, though, and from what I've read, it shoots just as well as the 77.

#6 · (Edited)
..... you're right about a dwindling market for wood and metal bolt guns. I suspect the less expensive Ruger American is a good seller, though, and from what I've read, it shoots just as well as the 77.
The RAR is just a cheaply made gun, compared to the 77. I'd hate to see Ruger's long gun catalog reduced to plastic and stampings, the way they've done their semi-auto pistols. Even the half plastic LCRs. Are the other revolvers next to be plasticized?.....:evil:

If I was still around, I know in 50 years you won't see old plastic guns the way you see old steel and wood now......:cry:

The next thing will be disposable guns. Take one out of the bag and shoot. When it's empty, throw it in the trash..............:eek:

#4 ·
I am surprised they have been around as long as they have. Them and the #1 series guns just seemed to be priced above the market. Great looking guns in both cases but I never saw more than a few comments from anyone who owned either.
I think CZ bolt guns proved to be a more affordable option with at least the same accuracy if not better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.