Gunner Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks, i am between a rock and a hard place.

on this gunnerforum, i have many friends that i enjoy visitin' with and really like to share stories about my life and read others stories. I fully understand what was the founding force behind this forum and i fully understand that this is a small close-knit group of friendly folks who are who we are. I also understand that this is a small forum that (no dis-respect intended) may have trouble growin' and may or may not be around for the long haul--its the nature of the beast--but i like it regardless.....

rugerforum.net use to be the same way---a small forum that has really grown in size and membership due in large part to the friendly atsmosphere there and the many friendly helpul folks there who seem to bend over backwards in helpin' fellow shooters out with any and all available information. The .net board has grown tremondously and quickly in size and to those ends, a rift has developed between the admin and some (what i would call) core members concerning what i would deem now to be a civil war between the two forums.

I have been put in the distastfull postion of chosing one or the other---not both. I had expressly stated when i joined this board that i was going to have dual memberships at both sites. This has now been presented to me as an illegal option.

I have spent most of my adult life as a peace officer and have a duty to not take sides in matters----and to those ends i will not take sides in this civil war between these two forums. I had made suggestions to BH months back about deletein' derogotory posts about .net and had welcomed RNettles to this board in an effort of hoping there would be peace. On the other end, i did no pro-active poachin' for members and stayed civil/respectful until the recent SD abrasive post concernin' former members of .net.----my fault, i should had used the "report this post" feature to report SD as i found his post distastfull and with the honesty/sincereity of a politican kissin' a baby.

I will not withdraw my membership from either gunnerforum.com or from rugerforum.net.
To those ends, i have been banned from rugerforum.net as of today. And to those ends, i have received an e-mail that i must choose one board or the other. If i give up gunnerforum, i will be re-admitted to .net--------To those ends, i refuse to be put in such a position as i feel that i have not committited any sin against either board.

So as of now, my bannsihment from rugerforum.net is i guess permenant. I refuse to drop membership in that board or this one-----it will be by their choice to give me a dishonerable discharge for not doin' anything dishonerable other than guilt by association due to problems with some members on this board.

I feel very strongly about this subject. And while i may strongly disagree with this civil war, i will not be forced to voluntary terminate membership in either board. To those ends, i will not bad-mouth the rugerforum.net board and will not particpate in any further threads here concerning this civil war---- as i stated, i don't take sides. I'll post about anything and everyting else---but not this civil war.

If my membership here poses a problem for any members of this fine board, again, i do not take sides and feel free to contact admin if you have a problem with me or my views.

i hate to sound like robocop or a cold fish on this matter, but i'm just a tad upset at the moment and have gone into full cop mode----i have just gone from bein' a long time productive member of rugerforum.net to bein' banned in less than 24 hrs.......................

I will not voluntarily withdraw my membership from gunnerforum.com

I have not voluntarily withdrawn my membership from rugerforum.net

The only way i will leave either board is under banishment...............i have as of now been banned from rugerforum.net

The ball is in your court.....................i will stand by my principles on this subject..............

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
You have been nothing but peace-loving and righteous on either forum...and welcome by all.....this has nothing derogatory to do with you....the powers that be over there are putting all the pressure on....you didn't earn any of it....it's eating them up that someone would dare disagree with their decisions/ways of handling things over there, as some of us did....and they're using all the leverage they have to get their way...and be seen as right....

Why Rick came here and only posted a time or two is his business....who's been running back and telling what's said here or if they have a spy here---that's their business....the idea that they have the right to tell someone that they have to choose between their forum or another is absurd....shows their complete disregard for the First Amendment and that their motive is to silence their opposition...which is how Calvin started this whole thing and the reason I appealed to Keith to have what he called the Minefield.....to keep men who had earned the right to speak freely on political issues by their service in uniform ....from being in trouble for making political comments....and here we are...and there they are....

I'm sad that a fine man such as yourself, Deputy125, who has never been anything but friendly and positive in any post....should be trodden underfoot by those who want control and power...it is their loss and our gain.......you would never be banned here for anything you've said....you speak the truth and well....the problem is not yours but theirs...they didn't even give you the choice they said you had...they banned you for being with us....your "price" to get back on there is to leave us...that's called extortion...'cause friendships with guys like you are worth MORE than money........

P.S. I have been wiped out over there , too, without a word posted by me since my posting my leaving and reasons for doing so....which went without reply for almost two months....they are in full defense mode...and there was no attack...their methods and motives are clear....I take it as a badge of honor to have been wiped out....and I had a LOT of good men I called friends there, too....only problems with one asshole and the way they refused to hold him to the same standard of conduct as the rest of us were held to....they didn't offer me a "choice"...I made my choice clear the day I left....

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Deputy words can't describe how I feel right now. The admins at .net are the lowest forms of life around. I am sorry that you got banned for no reason. You will not be banned here for speaking up or for belonging to any forum. Everyone here has their right to their opinions and feelings. That includes not liking me. No one has to like me to be a member here. I just don't understand the mindset of some people.

Deputy in time this site will be as big as .net with far less hassle. In the meantime let's just enjoy the board for what it is. Small but tight. ;)

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Fellas, I made a BAD mistake in my last post...it came to me in the shower as I was preparing to go see my new granddaughter...and hold her for the first time.....I said this: "...the reason I appealed to Keith to have what he called the Minefield.....to keep men who had earned the right to speak freely on political issues by their service in uniform... " that is so wrong....they did not earn that right....it belongs to every American...at birth...to my granddaughter, my sons, myself...those men I referred to who were being chastised for speaking their political mind served not to EARN that right, but to preserve it for all of us....thinking over some of the things Deadeye has told us reminded me....the PC thought police drip, drip, drip until, if we're not real vigilant, we're put to sleep like the frog's boiled in the open pot...may it never be so.......

·
Registered
419 Posts
Deputy, as wrong as it is, we're glad you're here.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Wow..I am sorry you guys went through this...
I have been on Taurus Armed for about a year and I have seen one guy I think Banned..

BH..you are right about this little forum growing..When I joined TA it was not that big( I liked it)..Now it is has doubled since January( Taurus9mm might be able to clarify it)..

Deputy125...I am sorry for you...I don't understand how forums can get out of hand..
My first forum I joined was TFL and it was cool, but there seemed to be a lot of hostility about Taurus guns...I got invited to TA and have never looked back...
(People need to remember that most folks have many brands of guns and just like shooting) :D

These forums only work when you have good staff and and level headed members that understand that none of us know each other except online..There is always going to be guys that want to start problems and then it is up to the staff to handle it and then if the members are level headed they also head it off..

I have seen trolls and trouble makers on TA and have seen them get scolded by members and not know what to say except to leave(And it was handled by mature responses..lol) :mrgreen:

This little forum is really nice and like I said before..It feels like being on TA..the members here are honest and just want talk and have fun...

That always will make a difference

I am glad i was invited here....

I like Taurus Armed ( the staff and members are the best) and have many good friends over there...I have seen the same thing here..you guys and GAL :mrgreen: really seem to care about each other and that is way cool in my book...These forums can work like a online family and that is pretty cool
I am happy to be on 2 really great forums..

I hope all this goes away at some point...there is enough stuff in the world to deal with without having to be mistreated online with a bunch of friends..

Love you all on here :cool:

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
And we you, Devin...not just Natalie...all us old softhearted farts love you too!!!

·
Registered
977 Posts
i totally agree with you deputy and i'm sorry you and everyone else here has to be put into a position that we have to choose between membership of 2 forums. I'm not clear as to why this has happened. I only know that i do not have a voice at .net any longer. I will not be withdrawing either membership either. But i would like a reason for my banning.

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
velvalco said:
i totally agree with you deputy and i'm sorry you and everyone else here has to be put into a position that we have to choose between membership of 2 forums. I'm not clear as to why this has happened. I only know that i do not have a voice at .net any longer. I will not be withdrawing either membership either. But i would like a reason for my banning.
Because you're a member here. :|

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Your welcome here, Deputy. Those other guys are not worth your time and effort worrying about them. I swear, the more I hear about .net the more disgusted I get.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Bountyhunter said:
velvalco said:
Because you're a member here. :|
well that's not a good enough answer. I'm proud to be a member here, and as far as i know nobody here has done anything wrong. This is just foolishness. I'm sure the WWW sandbox is big enough for everybody.

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
Montanan said:
Don't worry about it, cream always rises to the top.
JB, you're an ace with one-liners! :lol:

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
Deputy, I was banned too and also for no apparent reason. In my heart you are placed HIGH as a terrific guy. I love the way you think and write. You've brought fun, laughter, warmth and soul to this forum. I can't imagine anyone banning you for any reason. You are a treasured member of this forum family. BIG HUG to heal the hurt. Now, don't look back.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Glad deputy 125 invited me here glad ya'll let me join. Real proud to be here, no one likes to be forced to do anything. If I had anything to do with anyone been band I am so sorry that I caused this. Me being who I am will not let anyone draw first blood on me and them think I will just sit back and take it. Not so here, I was born a warrior and by God I am going out that way hell or high water.

·
Administrator
11,059 Posts
Hey how come I wasn't? I get left out of everything. :x

Deputy:

You have always acted as a gentlemen on either forum and I understand your concerns but it begs the question: Do you really want to be a part of a group that would treat its members as they have you and most of the other good people here?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I must be under .net's radar because I haven't been banned...YET! Maybe it's because I made a minor change to my user name.

Deputy, I don't know what else to say but to agree with everything that has already been said. The behavior at .net seems almost childish to me. Like a bunch of kid's who throw a tantrum if they don't get their way. So be it.

The pleasure I get from this forum (and, at one time on .net) is the ability to speak my mind on some issues and know that there are other people who agree. If I happen to say anything inappropriate (it wouldn't be intentional), I expect to be told so. The forum is like a sanity check for me in a world that has gone mad. It is also the fellowship with other shooters that is a big plus. Through my interaction with other members of both this and the "other" forum, I have learned how to view some issues through a different perspective, and that just helps me grow a little as a person.

I am really sorry you were put in this position. You did nothing wrong, and I think it was unfair and unprofessional for that other forum to force you into a position like this. If I were in your position, the choice would be a no brainer.

Your comments and friendship are always welcome here.

Mike

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I also disagreed with Iowegan on the notion that I should use a quiet gun in an indoors self defense situation, and he is like their Jesus, so that was probably a no-no.

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
rp_cavanaugh said:
I also disagreed with Iowegan on the notion that I should use a quiet gun in an indoors self defense situation, and he is like their Jesus, so that was probably a no-no.
I can assure you it had nothing to do with it. Iowegan isn't like those others. He's been nothing but helpful to a lot of us. I consider him to be one of the good guys and a friend. That doesn't mean you aren't entitled to your opinion.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts