Gunner Forum banner

S&W Miss 1917!!!

3K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  vonfatman 
#1 ·
Here she is, just back from the range still dirty & smell'n good!!!

Check out the ghostly Orb above the front sight in the third photo! EEEERRRRYYYY MAN!!!!
Yes I know its glare off my computer screen in the back ground, but I wonder how much the grocery store rags (AKA ******* library :p ) would pay if I claimed it was the ghost of a WWI soldier that used his last round to kill himself rather than face death in the Mustard Gass!!!! ;)

See less See more
#13 ·
Terry_P said:
When was it made??
Its brand new, bought it about 2yrs. ago. It's one of the new classics that S&W came out with last year. I spent yrs looking at .45acp revolvers thinking I don't want to mess with moon clips & all that shit. I can't say what came over me that day in Cabelas, other than it was just destiny/fate that brought us together. I just love old nostalgic stuff & its a lot faster to clean than a 1911. If you get one you'll need a demooner tool (get'n them off is harder than put'n em on). It's been Love ever since I droped that first 6rd. moon in her & put all 6 in a 3" group at 10yds. Not to mention Moons are Lightning fast to reload!

I keep thinking I need to take my 1911s out for a shoot, but I just keep grab'n that blue box.

#14 ·
Two years, I wouldn't go with the ghost story then. I can understand why you would get to be a little partial toward it as it's a fine looking revolver.

I take it the demooner tool is to take the empties out of the clips. Never thought about that but I have zero experience with either full or half moon clips

#20 ·
That sounds like a great trip to the range! My first .45 ACP revolver was a 1917 Smith. It's a bit older, but it's a shooter and enjoy taking it to the range. I've since gotten a couple 625s to fill "the gaps".
I don't mind the moon clips now that I have my high-tec de-mooning device (a 6" piece of copper tube with a slot cut in the end).

I also reload so I have a nice supply of 45 Auto Rim ammunition on hand when I do not feel like using the clips.

Sounds like you enjoy your 1917! Keep on "wearing it out".

Bob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.