1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Thanks for this website...not for the felons, but for the great sliding map-I'll use it to plot the shortest distance between my and customer's house....it keeps sliding as you move the cursor..like an electronic Mapsco....anyone who has a laptop should make this a favorites site....will really help you get around....check it out!!! Neat, Natalie!!!

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just for you my pet. :p

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
"safe" is more often than not a state of mind-----the fact that you are becoming more aware of your surroundings, the better off ya are.......

i'm not suggestin' a state of paranoia, just a state of awareness......

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Deputy, that's one of the lessons of life that I learned...late....

When I was a young gung-ho cop, I wore the custom-made bullet proof Second Chance vest, wrapped on the sides and longer in front and back (to protect things I needed/wanted...), a Prosecutor and a Streamlight, a metal collapsible asp-type, a Puma folder, a Gerber dagger in one boot, a S&W .38 in the other, a M66 on my side, a Colt Combat Commander .45 in shoulder holster or IWB under my shirt, and around 60 rounds of ammo...and I felt safe....till I thought of that little spot at the base of my skull that was wide open all the time....and THEN I thanked God for His protection.....safe is in your perspective...which changes sometiimes....

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ignorance is never on the winning team.

·
Super Moderator
10,777 Posts
BH:

NH has an interactive sex offender registry. I looked and sure enough just a couple of streets over which here is a couple miles away.

·
Super Moderator
10,777 Posts
OK. I checked it out and there are according to the interactive map 10 within a mile of my house. We looked in the phone book and couldn't find any of the ones listed and the one registered sex offender that I know of about two miles away isn't on there??

One of them is a 73 year old man that was convicted of 1st degree gang assault. I know AARP wants everyone to vote democratic but this is getting ridiculous.

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
I have the same ones. It's a scam. Probably uploaded a bunch of spyware on my computer. :roll:

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Apparently one lives under the lake back home, and another one lives in the hayfield on the farm. Never seen him out there......

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
I noticed some around here live on the train tracks. :roll:

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Leave the same address in and hit search again. It's not a very good ruse.

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Johngoboom said:
Just remember to feed and water them...They are a lot of responsability you know. ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So this is a ruse and I fell for it - so what's new? I didn't think of checking the phone book. Seems like nothing on the internet is true and knowing that I still bite. I really feel bad if you guys uploaded spyware. Sorry. :x

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
I don't think it uploaded anything. I'll let you know if my bank account empties without my knowledge. Then send you the bill. :lol: :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts