Gunner Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep. They vanished. I wonder what we need to do to bring new blood in. Not that I don't like the people we have here. ;) But a few more members would be nice. :)

Suggestions?

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
I was thinking about this the other day. I wanted to see if our members here wouldn't mind asking friends of theirs to come if they felt so inclined and/or dropping the link on other forums that wouldn't have an issue with that. I've placed it on a couple of forums so far and will be putting it on a couple more shortly. :)

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We started out with a bang, but things have slowed a bit over the last few days. I'm hoping it picks up a little.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I could invite ' you know who' :eek: from ' you know where'
That would liven it up a bit. :mrgreen:
Hey, just kidding.

·
Super Moderator
10,784 Posts
thunderjohn said:
Hey, just kidding.
No favors please.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
thunderjohn said:
Hey, just kidding.
Don't you dare even joke about that!!

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Wonder if it would be a violation of protocal if that area at the bottom of our posts where we put little saying and quotes automatically on every post------what if we instead put in this web-site address so everytime we post somewhere it automatically shows it???? or would that still get us in trouble for poaching? :?: :?: :?:

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That would depend on the forum. Some places don't mind it. Some do. I wouldn't mind if people did that here. I don't think it's a big deal. I don't visit any other gun forums. Except .net, where I've already been asked not to solicit members. I think it's up to the individual. Anyone who wants to spread the word, please do.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Bountyhunter said:
..... I don't visit any other gun forums. Except .net, where I've already been asked not to solicit members. I think it's up to the individual. Anyone who wants to spread the word, please do.
You know, I hate to say this, but I have really lost a lot of respect for .net, and heck, I didn't even have a dawg in that fight.....I guess when you think you understand some people, they can just turn out to be very different than you thought.....

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's the way the ball rolls I guess. :|

·
Registered
739 Posts
I could mention this forum on a drumming forum but I don't think it would do any good. A rim shot is not like a rimfire. LOL

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Drummer said:
I could mention this forum on a drumming forum but I don't think it would do any good. A rim shot is not like a rimfire. LOL
I hear that. I drum too. Not very good though. :D

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
how about talking to calvin and get one of those exchange info buttons at the top of the pag e in an exchange sort of like they did for the FN board? Might be a few others out there like that as well. I love the free exchange of information but some places like to lock the gate so to speak when it comes to folks talking about other boards.........

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't know how well that would go over. I'll look into it.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
deputy125 said:
how about talking to calvin and get one of those exchange info buttons at the top of the pag e in an exchange sort of like they did for the FN board? Might be a few others out there like that as well. I love the free exchange of information but some places like to lock the gate so to speak when it comes to folks talking about other boards.........
If Song Dawg finds his way here I'm sorry, and I love you guys, but I'll leave here too. I don't think Calvin would go for that anyway.

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
SD won't be a problem here, Eddie. Rest assured.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Bountyhunter said:
SD won't be a problem here, Eddie. Rest assured.
That's right, I'll send some New Hampshire bada$$ to take care of him!

·
Registered
5 Posts
The main reason Calvin's board took off so good is because of the name Ruger Forum. They also grew so big so fast that they weren't really prepared for it, and when it happened, they weren't sure what to do with it.

I think that if you had used a board name like Rugerchat.com or something similar, it would attract a lot more potential contributors.

Just my two pennies worth.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts