Gunner Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I went hunting recently I bought a pair of Browning shooting glasses. They come with interchangeable lenses, three different types/colors.

Today I was shooting skeet and trap, and it was VERY overcast. Drizzly and dark. I had never tried the rose colored lenses before, but popped them in to see what they looked like and WOW! I don't know how they work, but they brighten up everything and make everything a lot more clear. I was really impressed!

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
I've never used shooting glasses before. I shoot with my prescription glasses. But you can get prescriptions with different color lenses too. The yellow ones are pretty cool. They seem to keep glare down.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Johngoboom said:
There is a reason they sell a TON of those rose colored shooting glasses for trap and skeet. THEY WORK.

How did you shoot???
Pretty good, for me! Details in the shotgun area of the forum...

·
Registered
739 Posts
There is a company called SafeVision that makes prescription shooting glasses in all kinds of tints and frame styles. They do meet the ANSI Z87 requirements as well. They are about $75 bucks and up. They have a dot net web address.

I have never tried the different tinted shooting glasses but I most likely will in the near future.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Wow...I went shooting on new years day with all my future and present son-in-laws..lol
( That is the best time to give them the Dad lecture :twisted: )

anyways...I have never wore shooting glasses that were colored and I got some Amber ones..
OMG..We were shooting all day and did not know it was getting dark..I can't believe how much light they bring in..I will always were them now... :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts