Gunner Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i have one daughter graduatin' this month from high school and this little fact it seems is gonna start a whole chain of events----one of them was cloth shoppin'..........

The bad part is, i got dragged to the store to shop for new cloths. Seems the wife thinks that for the graduation, we should dress up a bit in new duds. :roll: So off we went to the local clothing store in our little town. The good news is, this store is my kind of store. They carry all the good stuff such as wrangler shirts and some other better made brands in a lot western styles and plaid. :) The bad news is---the wife asked me my opinion about a new dress for her............

The first thing she tried on was some sort of black with white polka dot dress and modeled it for me. I gave it a thumbs down and oh my, you would think i was one of them fellers that gave a bad review to a popular movie!!!!!!!!!! :eek: After doin' my best back-pedal and the "what ever you think dear" line, i new i should had kept my mouth shut because 5 minutes of shoppin' just turned into an hour ordeal..........But if she didn't want my opinion, then why did she ask for it?????? :lol:

So there i was, stuck outside the ladies changin' room in the ladies part of the store lookin' like an idiot tryin' to stay occupied while the wife keeps zoomin' in and out like cars on pit row at daytona tryin' on various dresses. There just ain't whole lot for a feller to do without lookin' like a pervert in such an area. :oops: Finally, she gave me one of those "why don't you pick out my dress" speeches so i said sure. I asked her the size and she told me---then i went to the rack and found somethin' i thought was purty but it was a size bigger than she said. She looked at it and went into something about the dress bein' too old for her and that it was something like my momma wore. Descretion was the better part of valor this go around so i kept my mouth shut about her tryin' to look younger than she was and said nothin'. :| :| :|
Son of a gun, it actually fit her and looked purty good as well and had it confirmed by the store owner as a 2nd opinion.(always good to have back-up). Dang thing was a $60 dollar dress so she sort of rubbed my nose in it that the other dresses she was lookin' at were only $30 dollars.

Then it came my turn and i had my shirt picked in in 5 minutes-----WRONG! Seems that i violated some cardinal rule i didn't know about called "color coordiated" :? . So back to the rack to find a shirt for me that would sort of match her dress which was a soft white with a lot of pale green and some pink in it. Now findin' a green and pink western shirt ain't exactly an easy thing to do. Wound up with a white and green plaid shirt in my size but its a long sleeve so they are cuttin' it to short sleve for me while they are gonna hym her dress a bit higher. Thank-goodness this store does this stuff for free! At least my shirt was only $22 dollars. I did get splurged on though-----they had a new perfume for men called "steel spur" and i liked it a lot but wouldn't buy it. As it was $35 dollars for a big spray bottle. Good stuff though because on the way home the sample spray i tried didn't blow off with the windows rolled down goin' down the road and stayed with me thru the afternoon. Wife went back later and got it for me------never spent that much on smell'em good ever. But its good stuff as one squirt will last a long time............ :D

·
Registered
892 Posts
So, . . . . . When do We get a picture of the Family, lined up in their new duds ?? Or, . . . . . are You gonna just leave it up to our imagination's ?? ;)

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We ain't gonna put them things on until graduation day at the football field----ain't gonna take a chance of spillin' something on them and have to go thru this process again!!! :lol:

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
I learned years ago.....don't go clothes shopping with wife....if I can't get out of it though, rule #2 is "everything looks good on her".

The only rule I ever had for myself is: when it comes to dress or casual dress, everything goes with black slacks....that's all I would buy...black slacks.....

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
My idea of dressing up is putting on socks that don't have holes.

Deputy you'll have to post a scratch and sniff picture so we can check out your new perfume. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
:lol:

When the wife drags me to go clothes shopping I always take along one of those little hand held poker games. Helps pass the times. :)

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
Like my new do?

Deputy, you totally crack me up!!! I too want a color coordinated picture come graduation day.

Keep on writing!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts