Gunner Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it's Freedom Arms that will void your warranty if you shoot .45Colt in a .454Casul cylinder. There reasoning being that the shorter case will leave a carbon ring that will interfere
with .454Casul rds.

Why is it this doesn't happen in .44mag VS .44spec. etc?

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
it does happen in 44 spl/mag
and again in 38 spl/357 mag...........................
and it will also happen in the 32 s&w/327 Federal mag----if anyone ever buys one...... :lol:

why they are worried.... i just don't know.....................

·
Administrator
11,907 Posts
There is only a problem if you don't clean it after a shooting session. The carbon/lead ring will cause diffculity when you try to use the longer cartridge which you may have trouble loading in the cylinder or apparently if it's bad enough it can cause pressure. Clean your cylinders after you shoot shorter ammo and you won't have a problem.

Deputy:

I figured you had a couple of those 327's already. Imagine the diversity 327 Mag, 32 H&R and 32 S&W. :lol:

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
+1..............

i've seen old smith 19's loaded and shot for years with 38 spl's and never really properly cleaned. Then they will decide to load .357 mags and low and behold, the mag round will not just drop all the way in, it will stop just a tad short-------as in 38 spl length-----and a little bit of gentle thumb pressure will seat the mag cartridge the rest of the way down..................

keep the guns properly clean and there should be no problem.....................

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
I believe that there tolerances are much tighter then say Rugers and this leads to pressure and extraction problems. jmho

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
i got out of hand cannons when i got rid of my t/c's....... :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.