Gunner Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading all that has taken place and seeing everyone banned including myself I have decided to tell you that Rick Nettles pm'd me several times. He wanted me to go back to Ruger but I wouldn't. When I told him I like it here and that he was welcome to join us he blew a fuse. Also, (here's the frosting) he asked me to pm Calvin and to say hello. He said it would make Calvin feel better. I didn't agree to do that and I never pm'd Calvin. Rick also blamed everything on Keith and said Calvin had nothing to do with it. I seem to remember Calvin as the one locking threads. There was no reason for them to permanently ban me except that I am a member here and that I obviously do not always follow orders.

The scuffle has ended. We won.

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
They're scared. They see us as a threat and they didn't need to. It'll cost them more than us in the long run. Thanks for staying loyal. :D

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Can someone please explain to me what is at stake in this 'competition'?

Is there money on the line I was unaware of? What is the one-sided pissin match over?

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
It's over nothing. They for some reason think we are competition and don't want me having this site. I told flat out by Keith on the phone. I told him then that it wasn't a competition. Our sites are very different and would attract different crowds. He didn't want to hear it. He asked me to change the site format to something other than guns and I said no. They're children. That's the bottom line.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
RP, as far as I know, there is no money involved...what I see, is a few people that do not wish to have someone disagree with their opinion of things. Thus, they have done some mass "banning". If you belong to this forum and they find out, they ban you from their forum. It is very, very childish....imho.....The only problem I have with the whole thing is that under my name, over there, it says "DISHONORABLE DISCHARGE"....now that creates a whole big problem with me....I spent 5.5 years in the U.S. NAVY, and have two DD214's stating that I was honorably discharged. Keith should change it to say "PERMANENTLY BANNED", or some other non-sense, but not what it says now. They act like they are little gods over their little kingdom. Hell, I wasn't even in on the original thread that started all this crap, but I'm banned.....they are a bunch of idiots.....

And yes, it is very easy for me to visit their site whenever I wish to....so they're not as slick as they think they are....a little sign that says that I'm banned doesn't stop me from getting there....been there twice this morning.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Bountyhunter said:
They're children. That's the bottom line.

Bingo. I can't believe how childish they're acting. They ruined (or let someone else ruin) a good thing over there, you recognized what was going on and generously worked your ass off to provide a freer, friendlier environment for the kind of fellowship we used to enjoy over there, and the way they choose to react to that is to FORBID anyone who comes here from also belonging there? Unbelievable.

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
I know now that Rick's a sneak and a liar....to peek into PMs and copy them...to spy on us by accepting our welcome here...shameful....

Calvin IS it....I like a lot about him, but he started in on guys the moment they started posting anti-Dem jokes....I appealed to Keith, telling him good men would be banned if he didn't do something....he birthed the Minefield....when SD was making a continual ass of himself in spite of many members pleading with him to calm down and enjoy the spirit of the forum...a real good friend of mine opted to back out of the forum for awhile....I PMed Calvin, asking him to enforce the basic rules of decency and respect we'd all lived by and ban SD....Calvin fired back no way would he say anything to SD...we were a bunch of Republicans ganging up on poor SD and if he got banned, Calvin said he wouldn't have anything to do with the forum....a coupla hours later...the Minefield was shut down.....yes, by Keith, but at whose demand......no discussion...and Calvin's been like a kicked dog in a small yard ever since, growling at everything he doesn't agree with or like....Calvin knows better...he knows right from wrong.....shame on Calvin.....

Keith is a pushover who won't stand up against Calvin...regardless of who owns the forum....

Bottom line, typical Nazi regime tactics...spy on 'em to see what they're saying elsewhere since you won't let them speak freely anymore, then axe them...whether their contribution and behaviour helped build the forum up or not....no sense of fairness...typical arbitrary rule-making...to "protect" their pride...

We haven't lost what we invested there...and those who might not have come to us are coming...because they want what we share here...things that won't be shared there ever again....love, trust, caring, open sharing....faithfulness.....yep, I'd say we won....without ever firing a shot!!!!!!!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Well to be honest about the whole thing, I guess I fell asleep at the wheel and didn't start
to pick up on alot of this. I became acutely aware that Sheepdog hadn't been posting for
awhile( I had grown close to him and repected his opinion and views posted. Then the
one section disapeared off the boad. I was still really interested in finding out if Sheepdog
was alright---thought he might be sick or having problems. When I posted a "where's Sheepdog? Some one sent me a pm and told me about this place. So I came over and found
Sheepdog and the rest became perfectly clear. Now I will not be going back. I belong to
too many forums anyway. So I have thinned out the number of places I go. I guess my name is still listed over there, but I won't be going back. I am in my seventies and I know
that the Lord ain't planning on me being around too much longer. At least not as long as I've allready been blest to be here. So my point is life is too short to be subjected to all this
underhanded crap that has been going on. I have always tried to(step away one time to
avoid a fight. But I only step away once.
I believe that this place is made up of people who share common values and ideals, as well
as the common interest in guns. There dosent seem to be the BIG I-little you mentality here.
You all didn't invite me here but I sorta found it lookin for Sheepdog.
Anyway I like what I have seen and hears here so far and I guess I'll stay if it's ok with
youall.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I know there is no money on the line, I was mostly just asking nobody in particular what those d-bags were trying to prove.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Jaredshs, I don't run the show, but, I think I speak for all, you are more than welcome to stay. As has been said, we here are family.....

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
I kinda like the old saying "Love me---love my dog!!!" (Gets me in lotsa places ;) )Sure glad you came here!!!

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
It was I who saw your post and sent you the link. You wanted to know so I told ya. ;)

·
Registered
189 Posts
If you belong to this forum and they find out, they ban you from their forum.
that's what threw me....I had no problems over there except that i was not very active(I can relate to being on too many forums..lol :lol:
So seeing my name banned was a shock...

I have a tendency to follow Taurus 9 mm around..
I had never been on a forum until Sept of last year..I joined TFL and because I owned a Taurus handgun, he and some other guys told me about Taurus Armed...I joined over there and it has been great..Then TFL started getting hard because of Taurus handgun's I slowly went away(It was hard to be there because you never knew if guys were going to slam you..Which I did not understand..We all own different guns so what is the problem?? :mrgreen: )

Then he told me about RugerArmed.net...Sooooo..I went over there..lol :cool:
Now He has told me about this forum...(OMG :mrgreen: :mrgreen: )

Needless to say..We have never met each other, but have developed a good online relationship.(AND WE HAVE ALOT OF FUNon these forums

Guess I just don't understand why forums can be so bad on some people..most of us will never meet face to face and If something happens on a forum, a person should be able to just go away...Besides all you have to do is not go on there and the problem is solved..

Believe me...I have a pretty full schedule during the week and have thought about not being on these forums cause I felt like I did not have enough time..But!!! Then I think about my friends I have on them and don't want to miss out...

Our days can be very hectic, and these forums are like a little release and hideaway from all the bad stuff of the day..
sucks..when you come on and have stuff like this happen..

I am sorry all of you have had this happen to you...

I am blessed and grateful to be 2 forums that I can come home too and chill if I want :cool: :cool: :cool:

Oh yeah..BTW...Natalie brings a very refreshing feeling to a forum..Thanks Natalie ;) :mrgreen:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Bountyhunter-yer right, now I remember. Glad you gave me the heads up. I believe after
a few more days or so, this "thing" will settle down. I don't believe that there will ever
be peace at the other places, but we will be fine here. We will just have to watch our backside.

andWhat's not to love about Sheepdog!! :D :D

·
Super Moderator
10,939 Posts
The thing that they are ignoring is this forum was established because of the actions of the leaders of .net. If they would have reacted in a more responsible and moderate manner we would most likely all still be over there. It's amusing to see their reaction, instead of saying oh I guess I screwed up and try to make nice they start banning people arbitrarily. it is the classic example of how not to handle difficulity.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
We're definitely glad to have you here Devon and you know you can always hang your hat here in addition to TA. And one night we'll have to set up some band equipment here so you and the others here who play an instrument can jam. It'll be our first annual gunnerforum band jam (or something like that). LOL I'll bring a grill and we can cookout as well. :D

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
dbsoundguy said:
Our days can be very hectic, and these forums are like a little release and hideaway from all the bad stuff of the day.
That's why I love this place. I start my day talking to good folk here and end it the same way. Gives me piece of mind. Reminds me that there are good people out there.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Wizard said:
.....The only problem I have with the whole thing is that under my name, over there, it says "DISHONORABLE DISCHARGE"....now that creates a whole big problem with me....I spent 5.5 years in the U.S. NAVY, and have two DD214's stating that I was honorably discharged. Keith should change it to say "PERMANENTLY BANNED", or some other non-sense, but not what it says now.
That's what mine says too, along with several others. Banned would have been better, I agree.
BTW, Thanks for your service Wizard. They must have removed a lot of posts as well.

Wizard said:
..... And yes, it is very easy for me to visit their site whenever I wish to....so they're not as slick as they think they are....a little sign that says that I'm banned doesn't stop me from getting there....been there twice this morning.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Are you the 'new guy' over there? Sneaky. :D

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
They've deleted all of our accounts and posts with them. We can all see the board now, but will be unable to register because we've been banned by IP, Username, and email. Of course there are ways around that, but it's just not worth it to me. I have no reason to go there.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts