Gunner Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
They blocked me Sunday, then again Monday, and again yesterday. Today again but twice in five minutes. First one, I did the usual clearing browsing history and downloads. Then restarted. I opened the GF home page. It worked. Then I clicked on "new" and looked at the new Mr. Dave memes. Then I hit the back button to go back to the home page. Bang, Clouflare blocks me again ! ! !

After clearing things and restarting, GF was the only thing I opened. Why did I get blocked again ??? What is wrong with it ??? I should not have to clear things and restart every single time I want onto GF. With the old format, I NEVER had to clear or restart.

If it continues, I may just have to end my membership here.

EDIT: FWIW, I have Windows 7 with Edge (used most) and Chrome (wife likes). My security is Norton 360 with a VPN.

To go on GF again for this edit, GF actually opened with no issue.

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And worked again just now....?

·
Administrator
10,959 Posts
I reported this thread and asked if the Admins can help. No guarantees.

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't mean to be such a grump., but twice in 5 minutes got my last nerve. Something about this Cloudflare doesn't work like it should, as some reason I seem to get singled out.

One thought, why does GF need a security service anyway? There is no real personal or financial info here......??

·
Administrator
10,959 Posts
The owners VerticalScope have an extensive community of forums (read yuge) in different activities so their contract is no doubt for all forums. We don't need hackers getting e-mail addresses and sending out phishing e-mails.

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, no Cloudflare irritation for 12 days. Seems to come in a cycle. Maybe this time their software has been better informed that my IP is not evil........:devilish:

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess I spoke too soon. A while ago, I went to GF. I looked at the new tooth posts. Clicked to another post and Cloudflare pops up. Arrghh.....:poop:

Cleared the cache, and restarted. Went to GF, tried to click on the SNG posts. Cloudflare again. This time I cleared things, defragmented, and restarted again. I went straight to this thread. We'll see what happens after I post it.

Why does it keep thinking I'm an attack ???? I'm just about outta GF......:mad:

EDIT: Oh great, I went to "Post reply" and got this :

"Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console."

I copied all this into Word to save it while I cleared and restarted the whole works AGAIN. Now it's all in place and I'll try again.

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Worked, this time. Next time, I'll be deleting my profile....:mad: :mad:

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
???? Cloudflare :poop: wouldn't let me in for several hours this morning, no matter what I did. :mad: Now it decides to let me through, when last try didn't work?

This doesn't seem to be happening to other members here. How about at the ruger.net forum.? Doesn't make sense.

Took today off partly to mow. Not done for three weeks, still not high but thick.

·
Administrator
10,959 Posts
There is a new forum started for Moderators and Admins of VS forums. I joined and I am going to post this as a problem. We'll see what they come up with?

·
Administrator
10,959 Posts
First reply:

If they are using chrome have them turn off any anti-virus and extensions that may be running and see if things improve

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm using Edge. Chrome is also on my PCs, but only the wifey likes it. I can't understand why. I know all the browsers monitor everything you look at, to "tailor their advertising" (and who knows what else?), but Google is the worst offender.

Cloudflare kept me out of GF all day yesterday in several attempts, no matter what I did. Still blocked me today, I did my usual clearing files, and a second defragment, then it let me in just now. I don't see why defrag should make any difference, I do it every weekend.

Argghhh...... :mad:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts