Gunner Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I found an old post from two years ago, of some fly by night importer showing off his "stock". Just tossed in crates. These are the same model guns that I just bought. Mine were bubble bagged, individually boxed, then in large boxes on pallets. These are sad.
Tool Automotive design Household hardware Bullet Carbon

Hand tool Wood Household hardware Auto part Metalworking hand tool

• Sad
Reactions: SmittyJ

·
Registered
11,395 Posts
WOW!

• Wow
Reactions: bearcatter

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Or old cosmoline and dirt. My cosmoline was still soft but caramel color. At least it was clean, in a plastic bubble bag.

·
Administrator
11,744 Posts
Many years ago when I had my FFL I bought a Russian made 9x18 Makarov. I also got 1,000 rounds of Norinko ammo for it. I was surprised how well it shot and how natural a pointer it is. I put some Ren Wax on it and it shined up with a nice high gloss blued finish. I could probably get 3-4 times what I paid for it but I really don't want to sell it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
BC. what kind of handguns are in that box. Was there one brand or was it a mixture? I had an East German Markarov. The handgun is was as well finished as any gun I have ever had. Nobody makes a big deal on how that the basic gun is made. It's not a Walther knockoff. I traded both that gun and a Russian made 380 to a friend.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
The guns in the box are all same surplus gun I bought two of recently. Zastava M70, a 32 ACP Yugoslavian pistol. 1970 to now. Mine have very little wear; serials are only 19 apart. I haven't shot them yet, may be a while. If that goes well, I got a deal at $225 apiece.

These M70s are well built. Only negatives so far is that the design keeps the mags from dropping out, and a mag safety. Parts and mags are scarce. I've been looking for both.

Reactions: Mowgli Terry
1 - 8 of 8 Posts